Companion Bounty

I had her aggression and personality setting wrong for a bit, and she started some fights on her own with other cranky npcs. She got a bounty for it and my scripting took off the bounty and applied it to the player, yay!

Unfortunately, this really does me no good. She still gets no bounty when she joins a fight to defend me from a guard or some npc I assaulted. I wish the game didn't differentiate between the two.

Shoudln't be that hard to script. Put a script on her and check when she's in combat. Then scan the player and see if targets are similar and what to do. A bit long and complex but not impossible. It will work with the guard and with most "good'" factions.

I had her aggression and personality setting wrong for a bit, and she started some fights on her own with other cranky npcs. She got a bounty for it and my scripting took off the bounty and applied it to the player, yay!

Unfortunately, this really does me no good. She still gets no bounty when she joins a fight to defend me from a guard or some npc I assaulted. I wish the game didn't differentiate between the two.

Shoudln't be that hard to script. Put a script on her and check when she's in combat. Then scan the player and see if targets are similar and what to do. A bit long and complex but not impossible. It will work with the guard and with most "good'" factions.

Yeah, I'd want it to be compatible with Kuertee's crime has witnesses though, and I'm thinking that's probably out of my league.

It is possible for an NPC to get a bounty, when bethesda were developing the game they forgot to give the guards an unlimited food supply and once they ran out of food the guard disappeared because they were all trying to arrest each other.