New to modding

AddisonH

1. Could I use as much mods as I want without it screwing up my game?

2. The mods with new skills, content, levels, dungeons, etc... Could I put a lot of those mods on the game even if I had a for example.. a lvl capped character and still enjoy these mods or do i have to start a new game? (I haven't started this game yet.. I'm new to Dragon Age Origins, just got it :P)

3.Is it hard to put a mod into the game? Are there instructions for this?

Sorry for the lame questions.. I am a newbie XD

1. Could I use as much mods as I want without it screwing up my game?

2. The mods with new skills, content, levels, dungeons, etc... Could I put a lot of those mods on the game even if I had a for example.. a lvl capped character and still enjoy these mods or do i have to start a new game? (I haven't started this game yet.. I'm new to Dragon Age Origins, just got it :P)

3.Is it hard to put a mod into the game? Are there instructions for this?

Sorry for the lame questions.. I am a newbie XD

Welcome Addison!

The answers to your questions are:

1. Yes, you can basically add a many mods as you want (as long as they don't conflict with each other, of course.) I have about 2.5-3GB installed at any one time.

2. Yes, in most cases mods that affect your PC's abilities will work regardless of when you intall them. Mods that affect that PC's appearance, on the other hand, often require you to start a new character. (Mods that change a NPC's appearance usually work immediately, since that's just a drop-in replacement.) Mods that add items to your inventory can have some issues as well, depending on whether they employed the mechanism that was changed with the 1.03 patch. Ones that relied on a pretty common technique now will only work when starting a brand new game if you install them following the process of disabling any such add-item mod (even those already installed and working) starting the game, play until you can save, exit, install/enable add-item mods, re-start game!

3. Mods are very easy to use, but there are some things you'll need to understand about how they're packaged and where they go. See this article to get you started: "Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies".

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Heyas Addison! Welcome to the nexus! :)

Thandal has done an awesome job of answering this already, so I'm afraid that I dont have much info to be able to add.

But..... some of the mods depend on your machine, itself.

If your machine is barely meeting the req's for gameplay.... such as CPU, RAM and VRAM.... mods with a lot of high textures, or large meshes might cause you to take some hits. But otherwise the amount of mods shouldnt really be a problem. ;)

Again welcome, and happy gaming :)

-DW