Unofficial Oblivion Patch... Won't patch.

SiniVII

I can't get Unofficial OP work, it just won't. I installed the Shivering Isles Patch and that works, but it only patches my game to 1.2.02 I think and the UOP won't install before it goes above 1.2.416, that's what the error message says. I'll quote it:

This mod requires Oblivion 1.2.416 or higher. Please download and install the official patch.

Edited by SiniVII

Ehh nevermind i'll just re-install the game again and give it another try. I most likely messed up by doing other stuff before I began installing mods, my bad everyone. :thumbsup:

Assuming you have either a disk release or the Steam version of Oblivion:

(1) Install to C:\Games\Oblivion if you are using Vista or Windows 7

(2) Install Oblivion, then Shivering Isles. If your version includes the official DLCs from Bethesda, install those too.

(3) Install JUST the Shivering Isles Patch. Do NOT install the Oblivion patch as that will stop the SI patch working.

Your game should now be at version 1.2.0416

(4) Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and the Unofficial Offical Mods Pack if you have the DLCs installed.

Run the game and test it works ok.

(5) Backup your installation - I use mTES4 which can be found on the Nexus to give me a backed-up installation copy.

(6) Install mods. Backup entire installation before adding any major mod, so if it goes pear-shaped you can restore.

If you have a D2D version of Oblivion, or a non-legit version, then God help you as no-one else can/will.

Okay, I must have the wrong patch version... The patch itself says Shivering Isles 1.2.416, but it only patches my game to 1.2.0201. The search for the correct patch continues... I will persevere.

EDIT:

I figured I'd just steal the Exe file from my previous game which I backuped, but was going to delete. Glad I didn't. That execute file is version 1.2.416 and that one and 1.2.0201 are about the same size, so I just replaced them. I bet no major changes were made between these two so I guess I should be fine. Problem resolved.

Edited by SiniVII