Request: Suggestions for Argonian/Khajiit mods

Ryllynyth

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the different combinations of possible body mods. I'm using HGEC for humanoid females and have Roberts 4 and 5 stashed away for the men, but from what I can tell neither majorly change anything for the beast races (well, I there was a basic HGEC-based skin for each, but not a 'high res' one like I've found for humanoids) so I'm looking for suggestions as far as mods to make them prettier.

Not so much the catgirl-type mods that give them humanoid faces, but things like better textures and beast features (I ran across an 'Oblivion Better Beasts' mod which claimed to give them claws and teeth and spines, but it apparently doesn't work with HGEC...), that sort of stuff.

Suggestions?

Well, it is a shameless self-advertisement, but my mod Argonian Beautification takes the spiked tails and the claws from Better Beasts and merges them with other features, among high-resolution better quality textures with more details, and most important of all, I converted every feature to several bodies/body mods. HGEC is definitely supported. Give it a try, perhaps you might like it. It is only for Argonians though, hence the name. Khajiit features from Better Beasts are not part of it. Oh, and, it might list Better Beasts as a requirement, but due to this mod only supporting Robert's Male and Female bodies anymore I couldn't uphold this requirement any longer. People using those 2 bodies should by all means stick to BB for fulfilling the requirements (as there's more in BB than in AB), anybody else though can use the "Requirements" package from the Misc section of the Files tab.

I hope it helps.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually 'found' Argonian Beautification after making that post, and am now trying to puzzle out exactly what bits I need to download. But if it can be set up with HGEC and Robert (4/5) bodies it looks like it will fix the Argonian half of my problem pretty well.

Now I just have to figure out how to install Robert's without messing up the HGEC install. It seems to want to overwrite the skeleton and animation files, which I would think would be separate like the meshes/textures but now I'm getting all confused. And BBB on men would probably look a little strange...

Edit: No HGEC support for Scripted Argonian Feet is making me sad. :(

Edited by Ryllynyth

You must be missing something - SAF and HGEC work really well together - look at my image of Walks-on-Tiptoes posted in the images section of the Argonian Beautification page

You must be missing something - SAF and HGEC work really well together - look at my image of Walks-on-Tiptoes posted in the images section of the Argonian Beautification page

Ah, don't forget you had to do some NifSkopery yourself before this was working, because a certain lazy busy dragon doesn't get around to finish up the HGEC meshes for official support in SAF!

I'll see if I can't get this done next occasion I get a couple minutes of free time. After all, AB Exnem/HGEC is up at v3.0 already as well, if I'm not mistaken, so this is far overdue actually and not really much to do either.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon