Truth Seekers WIP

RubberMan01

I do like the idea of the rituals. I don't think it's really punishment (unlike Christmas. After 5 kids and 4 wives Christmas IS a punishment lol) as there are so many other quests to do and time in Morrowind flies by.

Rather than a punishment I would rather think of it like something to look forward to (unlike Christmas).

Could be. Especially if there were multiple such rituals. The main one I had in mind is that one of the factions in my game has a ritual to fuse fire spirits to their weapons, but it only works in the middle of the summer. (Mages aren't a thing in the setting in the traditional sense, so enchanting can only be done through careful ceremony and so on.) I'll leave it on the backburner, see what comes of it.

Um. I read that and already put it in my head a way of doing it lol

Also the good thing about time of year rituals is the build up. You could dress that up in dialogue for a month before it happens.

That could be interesting. Though it also runs the risk of being kind of underwhelming once you finally got the powerup out of it. "I waited half a year for THIS?," that kind of thing.

Never give them anything useful anyway. I always pray on their sense of megalomania and self worth. Give them reputation rather than something that glows in the dark and hits for 10 more points.