Ressurecting a Dead Companion.

fentonalpha

I'm revisiting an old and relatively stable gamesave that has not been used since i completed the main FNV story, so i can enjoy some stuff i missed. But it was a previously Hardcore save and now i wish to experience the companion quests. Is there an existing mod i missed (i did search) or console command to restore companions? I lost Boone, Cass and Ed-E.

Try console command "player.placeatme [companion base id#]" It worked for me to resurrect Ruby Nash when her body went missing, and someone else with the same issue for the lone wanderer.

Umm, can't you use the resurrect command?

Just askin....

Ah, I assumed the corpses were gone, perhaps incorrectly. But yeah, that would be the easier method if the bodies are still around.

If you can't find the bodies try using the player.moveto command with their ref id's and that should take you to where they are at, and if they are there then use the ressurect command.

If you know the refid, you can bring them to the player, at the console,

PRID xxxxxxxx

Moveto Player

Resurrect

The problem is going to be any quests that recorded the follower as dead, that might prevent re-hiring.

Thanks for the input. Well i did the placeatme command as it was the only one i learned at the time. I used it for Boone and Cassidy. Cass accused me of being high and then every dialog with her prompted some high-end dev place holder and Boone, well he worked fine but telling him to Wait no longer worked. He'd stop moving about but would spawn in every new cell. Ultimately though i realized that their quests no longer were available so i rehardcored for a minute and gave them the eternal rest they desired using C4. Edited by fentonalpha

The companions have some scripts that run OnDeath that set a few variables, I think.

You'll need to un-set the "dead" variable and probably a quest stage for each.

For example when Ed-E dies,

begin OnDeath

if VNPCFollowers.bEDEHired == 1
	set VNPCFollowers.nCurrentFollowers to VNPCFollowers.nCurrentFollowers - 1;
	set vNPCFollowers.bCritterinParty to 0
	if (VNPCFollowers.nCurrentFollowers == 0)
		set VNPCFollowers.bPlayerHasFollower to 0
	endif
	set VNPCFollowers.bEDEHired to 0
	ShowMessage FollowerMessageDeadEDE
	player.RemovePerk EnhancedSensors
	ShowMessage FollowerMessagePerkEDERemove
endif

set VNPCFollowers.bEDEDead to 1
if GetQuestCompleted vDialogueEDE == 0
	setstage vDialogueEDE 100
endif

end

It un-hires him, sets a dead flag, and ends his companion quest. You could console-change those variables before rezzing em and see if it works.

Each companions varies though, you'd need to look at scripts for each

Thanks for the input. Well i did the placeatme command as it was the only one i learned at the time. I used it for Boone and Cassidy. Cass accused me of being high and then every dialog with her prompted some high-end dev place holder and Boone, well he worked fine but telling him to Wait no longer worked. He'd stop moving about but would spawn in every new cell. Ultimately though i realized that their quests no longer were available so i rehardcored for a minute and gave them the eternal rest they desired using C4.

With the placeatme, you are not going to get the original REFID that the quests recognize. So you need to use the Prid function. Even if the bodies are not around.

Boone

Prid 00096bce

moveto player

resurrect

Cass

Prid 135f19

moveto player

resurrect

Then you will need to change some quest variables like pintocat indicated