Request for Genie Race

bearhugs

Hi all,

I am new to modding so I don't know how to make my own race. I would like a race of beautiful people called Genies, I would leave the specifics up to the person who made the mod. I know how to make houses but that is all, I haven't gotten around to learning how to do everything else. Here is a picture of the male genie.

Thanks so much.

I know you said you would leave the specifics up to the modder, but... you're going to need to define them somewhat better to interest most people in trying to make you a specific custom race.

Being a "genie" race, I'd guess you are thinking of a magic-heavy race, probably to the point where they are pretty feeble physically? So what sort of starting stats do you think the male and female Genies should have? Why are they "Genies" - do they each come as in bottle with a three wishes command attached? Are you after an Arabic-looking race, to suit the general Western idea of the origin of Genies? What are their weaknesses? Which area of Tamriel to they come from - Elsweyr? An island across the ocean? Another plane? Do they have feet, or the traditional "wisp of smoke" lower body? If the latter, how do they use boots in armour sets (needed for some quests)?

If you can manage to come up with a decent backstory for the race, and a well-thought-out set of stats, you might find a modder who would be interested AND end up with the race close to how you envisaged them. If you don't manage that, you could end up with anything - or maybe even nothing.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Here is what I had in mind: I would like a genie with full legs and feet not coming from a bottle. They live just like everyone else does, they will be heavy into magic but can also wield swords effectively. They come from an isolated island in the south seas with other genies and they don't need masters, they are quite independent. They use stealth, swords, and magic and are physically fit. I would like an Arabic-looking race. I hope this helps.