FO4Edit: Equip an item to spawn NPC's?

Thuggysmurf

Posted this in wrong area before, re-posting here:

Background:

I've made a handful of battle mods on Nexus using batch files, e.g. Battles of Lexington and Concord, where typing "bat Concord" into the console spawns a battle with a bunch of NPC's in the Concord area.

Batch files are annoying though. I plan to convert all the battles into a single .esp, and am wondering if there's a simple way to do that without waiting for GECK

Question:

Using FO4Edit, is it possible to equip an inventory item like a ring, and upon equipping the item, it spawns multiple NPC's at locations specified in FO4Edit?

If so, any general guidance about how to code that in FO4Edit?

Or does anyone know of a mod with similar functionality (equip an item to spawn an NPC) that I could follow as an example?

The reason for this is I don't want the NPC enemies to always be in the world or to spawn automatically. Only want them to spawn on demand (currently done via batch file).

Thank you for any input. I'm hoping this is a dumb question with an easy answer!

Thanks for the suggestion. DDProductions made the grenade mods (Boss Fight and Fatman Nat Launcher) work because the Explosions category in FO4Edit has a spot for "Placed Object" under Data, which places the NPC (or placed object) at the spot of the explosion, or with a Mirv that splits into several projectiles, several NPC's spawn, one for each projectile. But they only spawn at the point of impact. In FO4Edit there doesn't appear to be an option with the explosions to place the NPC's at specific x,y,z coordinates.

Or does anyone know of a mod with similar functionality (equip an item to spawn an NPC) that I could follow as an example?

Maybe take a look at Power Armor Delivery by Kentington. It's very similar to the summon grenades but might be a little bit closer to what you're looking for.

If you're willing to use scripting, you might find it easier as well.