Mass Effect-esque Dialogue

ArgonianSkinBoots

I know a project of this caliber would be an extreme amount of work, but I would like to see a new dialogue animation sequence that would operate similar to that of Mass Effect. Since voice acting every topic in the game would be a little too much work, I would suggest just sticking any new voice acting (if added of course, silent dialogue with facial expressions and mouth motion of the player would more than suffice) be added to the main quest, and perhaps other major quests like the Shivering Isles. I don't know if anyone has the skills to pull it off, but I would love you for life if it could be done.

A massive task endeed.

Let's break it down a little: Every line to be delivered would need to be recorded in ten racial voices (Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Imperial, Redguard, Breton, Nord, Orc, Khajiit & Argonian. There wouls also be male and female variation, so that makes EVERY dialogue line require 20 recordings. Then add the possible variations of old / mature / young and you reach 60 recordings for EVERY line of dialogue. Thus the task you are requesting is between 20 and 60 times larger than the whole of the player dialogue in Mass Effect.

I also am not sure the player character HAS a voice, which can be triggered. Then yopu have to animate the speech, and ideally reflect emotions, in your own character's face.

I suspect it's unlikely to happen. I may be wrong, but the chances are against it.