Skill: Move farther while under concealment.

aariq

I want to create a custom skill for a new soldier class I'm working on. Basically, I want the soldier to move an additional tile while concealed. I still don't really understand the SDK but I am trying to learn. I would appreciate if someone would make a tutorial or at least give me a step by step here in the forums.

I somehow managed to create a custom class and give it an icon but I want to push things further. I'm very inexperienced with this toolkit so hand holding and noob speak is fine.

Moderators: I know this isn't technically a mod request, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

The best way to learn is to find a mod at steam workshop that does something similar, and pick it apart. I have recommended the rifleman mod for this, which does add skills and isn't too complicated. I'm sure you have seen the guide to the guides, in the pinned thread in the mod talk forum next door.

Thanks for the advice but I've already tried reverse engineering. There are so many things hidden in scripts. I lack the experience to even begin to understand them. That's why I asked for help. Secondly, I have searched for a topic on this and haven't found anything.

Also, this Rifleman mod you mentioned is not on the Nexus and I'm not using the Steam Workshop.

I agree there is a big rise in difficulty from ini-only mods to adding uc scripts. I am not sure exactly how to teach uc script changes. I think most of the people who have been successful at uc script mods are already familiar with programming languages such as java, and they can understand more of the concepts of the uc files. I have been a programmer for a long time, and TBH there is still a lot about uc modding that I don't understand either.

If you aren't willing to get mods from workshop, I am not sure what else to suggest.

Edited by davidlallen

It may sound silly, but I like to manually install all my mods. The Steam Workshop doesn't allow for that, and I don't like subscribing for mods either. As far as the scripting stuff goes, I would learn it if I had more time and detailed tutorials. But I'm lacking in both at the moment. I'm sure there will be more guides in the future.

I'm also trying to figure out how to retexture Shen's outfit. I've had no luck with that either. The game hasn't been out that long, and I'm sure many more things will come along.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3767410-modding-details-ask-away/page-38&do=findComment&comment=35187245

What I do is subscribe to the mod, find the steam workshop foldier, called something like 235830, and every subscribed mod is there under another set of numbers like 65329582, I then pull the .uc scripts into ModBuddy have a nice browse to how they do things, making notes, delete them then proceed to design my own variation from scratch.

My advice would be to look through the X2Ability_RangerAbilitySet.uc in ModBuddy - Default Mod and just see how a class and its abilities you know very well is programmed, it has quite a few concealment based abilities so i'd check 'Create Ability - Shadowstrike' and copy it and the references from the header to a new script you've made and change the stats it grants to something mobility based.....

Actually when I get home, I'm going to actually create this ability anyway for my 16 new classes i'm designing thanks for the idea. In thanks for the idea I'll send you the finished script.