Mesh Importing

Aparently, a few people have written scripts, etc to export DA2 meshes into a 3D program.

Why did they do this, if they didn't bother to write a script to import it back?

If it's too complicated, I would just settle for being able to re-shape the existing mesh.

I tried to edit the 'bra lip' on the hf body, and import it back. That worked fine :) ... but other parts of the mesh became as in screenshot.

I'm puzzled why certain parts are still good, whilst others are fcuked. Surely, if it was due to vertex order, etc. wouldn't it mishmash all of it ?

Anyone else tried experimenting ?

My best guess is that whatever scripts or plugins you're using are exporting to a format appropriate to Origins.

Are you using the DX9 or DX11 renderer? Try DX9 and post here to let me know if it's rendering properly.

@anzolino: no... in your case, I think the problem is DA2Tools' conversion process. I never managed to get it to work, and loading the edited models into Lightwave showed a jumbled mess of polys.

I bring up DX9 vs. DX11 because DAII's mesh format is different from Origins'... it's modified to work under DX11's different code. If your models are in Origins' format, then they won't render correctly under DX11, because they're not set up to handle the different environment properly.

tmp7704 modified his Lightwave plugin to allow it to force the export to DAII's format. But I don't think any other exporters have received the same treatment.

tmp7704 modified his Lightwave plugin to allow it to force the export to DAII's format. But I don't think any other exporters have received the same treatment.

Interesting.

Any of you have Lightwave ? I neither have it, nor am I familiar with it.

If I edit a DA2 mesh (obj format), can someone try tmp7704's plugin for me?

PM me if you can help.

Is that under DX9? It doesn't look like anything's wrong :-/

All my work is under DX9. I'm still using WinXP.

AFAIK, the issue between DX9 DX11 can only be a texture issue. Not a mesh issue.

In the screenshot you'll notice mismatch between the middle of breasts and also the underpants line.

How do you transfer boneweights to a reworked, or a new, model in Lightwave?