Mod Lag

TheLozza

With many home/hideout mods I've downloaded I've ditched because every time I make a fast screen turn around (turn the player around fast) the game lags. This is very annoying seemings I have a very expensive pc. Is this a cpu problem? or just how the mod is placed?

Right now I'm using Hideout Vault.

The ones that were good and lagged were

Survivalists Bunker

Goodsprings Sewer Hideout

Underground Hideout New Vegas V3-73

I'd say its a combination of graphics and cpu power - or rather the lack of!

GTS250 was a mid-end card when it came out 2-3 generations ago - now it's very very slow :P

The high clock speed of the CPU does help a lot, I would look to get a new graphics card!

The gts250 isn't bad, I can run every game I've got on high settings perfectly.... I'm not forking out another 300 dollars....

Trust me, it's a bad card.

You'd only need to spend about $100 dollars to get a much better used card, and $200 dollars will get you a high end graphics card.

I'm currently using a $350 graphics card that I bought not 6 weeks ago. It's a low-high end graphics card and my fps drops down to 28 running around in Wastes with a few UHQ texture mods and Ultra settings.

Well, back on topic, I don't think its my gfx processing, its my cpu, why would it lag when theres only a few textures loaded in the game, when I checked task manager... 65% of my ram cpu was used at the time. Only 25% of the gfx card..

FO:NV is far more heavily gpu dependant than cpu.

Even a lowly dual @ 3.6 should be perfectly capable of managing seeing as the game is optimized for 2 cores ;)

HD4870 for £100 is pretty good deal, but you could a get a new HD5770 for similar money (in the UK anyway) that just edges it performance wise.

Fallout: New Vegas

Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.5 GHz / AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Memory: 1 Gb

Hard Drive: 10 Gb free

Video Memory: 256 Mb

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6800 / ATI Radeon X850

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

Keyboard

Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.5 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

Memory: 2 Gb

Hard Drive: 10 Gb free

Video Memory: 512 Mb

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 2900

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

Keyboard

Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

"Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.5 GHz / AMD Athlon XP 2500+" is the minimum requirement for the game? 2.5 is a lot..... seemings the fact I also overclocked my other by a lot too.

Also.... Grand Theft Auto 4, the most laggy, incompatible game around on pc used 40& of my gpu, and 100% of my cpu.....I don't know where this is going.