Grass stalk and Toothpick graphical mod

Perraine

Seeing as how "smoking" is no longer politically and/or socially acceptable, I wonder why Firaxis added a cigar/cigarette to the game as a lower face prop?

So, I have an 'Orstrayan' Grenadier who is just crying out for a stalk of grass to put in his mouth to match his Slouch Hat and 'civvy' greens (armor mod) And I have a Sharpshooter, who would love to have a toothpick to put in her mouth, when she's wearing her Aviators. If they could be additional rather than replacement "Lower Face Props' that would be even better I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Whomever supplies these cigarettes (or Cigars) to Firaxis must be quite imaginative.. cuz -- they just don't consume, stay lighted and don't even drop a speck of a butt?

What about shiny whistles & candy bars?? :D

It's not even that I'm against people who smoke (if they want too, it's their choice) And it can look cool I guess ... Showing my age here, by saying, one of my favourite game cutscenes of all time was the "Space Sation Infestation" from the original StarCraft, there is a Marine in there who lifts his helmet visor, and we see a cloud of Cigar Smoke puff out. Or the 'prisoner' being outfitted with Marine armour in one of the StarCraft II cutscenes.

I'd just don't want those props for MY soldiers, but there are really a lot of options.

I made a toothpick... isn't uploaded yet as I need to tone down the texture, but will do that in a bit :smile:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616824432

I think it would be better to write such suggestion under the mods (I speak for myself here;) do not know about other autors (Capnbubs igoners them as he only makes his own idears, i think)) even if they don't get picked up. Thats way easier to find, cause u get a message :wink:
The toothpick itself took 3 min to make and getting it in the mod kit takes 10... if I had the idear earler I would have done it sooner :wink:

PS:btw adding is way more easy than changing out exiting stuff, as u actualy need to add ur stuff AND delete the old ones.

EDIT: I uploaded the Prop :)

Edited by Bret1

I made a toothpick... isn't uploaded yet as I need to tone down the texture, but will do that in a bit :smile:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616824432

I think it would be better to write such suggestion under the mods (I speak for myself here;) do not know about other autors (Capnbubs igoners them as he only makes his own idears, i think)) even if they don't get picked up. Thats way easier to find, cause u get a message :wink:

The toothpick itself took 3 min to make and getting it in the mod kit takes 10... if I had the idear earler I would have done it sooner :wink:

PS:btw adding is way more easy than changing out exiting stuff, as u actualy need to add ur stuff AND delete the old ones.

EDIT: I uploaded the Prop :smile:

You Da ONE!!! Awesome work!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and so does my Mick Dundee (Grenadier) and "Kensi" my Sniper :)

Please upload on Nexus, I for one don't want to use Steam. Thank you Bret.

As i wrote in the descripton of my steam mod (were u find the nexus link to an older version), i cant upload to nexus cause the mod is too big (half a gig) and it wount let me.

If u want the mod then subscribe -> download -> take the folder (which is normaly at "...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\268500\616824432" ) and put it in ur mod directory -> unsubscribe.

I can understand that the steam workshop is not the best modding platform, but just boycotting it doesn't change that either.

Happy Modding

Kat.

(Dont know why u cant change names here)