Idea: portable portals

iceroyale

My only final request would be to make a version that uses big flashy looking portals instead of the platform (if that's possibe of course).

Also, question: If I use player.additem to add more portals, will the mod be able to use the additional portals?

:psyduck:

I used the platform because that's the first thing I thought of when "portal" was mentioned. I'm not sure what other portals there are in the game, and I don't really want to create a whole new mesh (I'm only good at scripting). Someone else mentioned using the paradise portal, which I think means the portal that Mankar Camoran opens to get to Camoran's Paradise. I didn't use it because that was obviously magical and not something you could carry around. If you really want to use that one, it's easy to do yourself. Just edit the mod with the Construction Set, and change the fg109PortalActivator mesh from "Architecture\ImperialCity\Interior\magesguildportal.nif" to "Oblivion\Gate\FlashGlow01.nif".

For your question, using player.additem to add more portals will not actually give you more portals to use, and trying to place more than 10 portals would not do anything. The explanation has to do with the trouble I had making it. When I started making the mod, I thought that I could just use clutter objects for the portal but I was wrong. They were dynamic references so they only worked for a few minutes before becoming useless. Instead, I had to make the portals into activators, and leave them disabled somewhere until they become active. Since you can only have 10 buttons in a menu, I decided to only make 10 of these portal-activators. The portal items in your inventory are fakes, they're not actually the same portals as the ones you use to teleport around. They're just there to give the illusion that the portals are portable.

Edited by fg109

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless bump :whistling:

I uploaded a new version of my mod because someone had asked for it to work with companions. I'd like it if some people would test it to see how well it works. I've tested it a bit myself, but:

1. I don't really play with any companions

2. None of the companions I have allow you to set AI schedules

3. I actually hardly play the game anymore, I just mod :facepalm: