Geck Question: How to add your own 1st person model

Darth Dan 12

I recently made a hunting shotgun with a silencer in blender. I went to add it into the game using GECK, but I didn't know what to fill in for "1st Person Model Object".

Is there a way that I can insert a custom 1st person model so that it appears in the list?

Hmm, I looks like one can still learn something new. I guess I could have saved myself the bother of defining the dozens of 1st person records I've been defining for all my crap...

Cheers, Quetzlsacatanango, thanks for that piece of info.

I figured it out. I just had to go to "Static" then "Weapons", then make a new model using my mesh.

But now I'm having a bigger problem. I can't pick up the gun after putting it into the game. All I can do is stare at it, there's no option to acquire it.

Quetzlsacatanango is correct, the 1st person model in not required in any way. I imagine it was put in so that lower resolution textures could be used for NPC's and world models, reducing system demand. Probably why there are two sets of textures for Fallout.

As for your other issue, post a pic of the nif so I can see how you have it setup.

Well you have the tree on the left collapsed so I cannot see any of your setup. From what I can see though, it looks like you have no BSFadeNode, so this will probably not work as a weapon ingame. Take a look at some of the weapons from new vegas and see how they have them setup, it should help you understand which nodes are required for certain purposes.