2 requests:

firsTraveler

1: A researchable upgrade for the skulljack - reduce feedback and/or increase sucsess probability

2: Another slot for all armors but restricted to accepting only the special ammos (ap, dragon, ect)

If either of these already exist would someone please reply with a link.

Thank you

For #2, I think it would be rather difficult. I looked into it a good bit, when trying to deal with a situation in a different mod (that I'm still working on). It looks like they initially had it set up to allow an ammo-only slot, but took it out. Maybe someone has a better idea than I do, but from the way it's currently set up, it would be tough.

If I ever think of a way to do it, I'll probably release something standalone for that, as it seems to be a popular request.

For #2, I think it would be rather difficult. I looked into it a good bit, when trying to deal with a situation in a different mod (that I'm still working on). It looks like they initially had it set up to allow an ammo-only slot, but took it out. Maybe someone has a better idea than I do, but from the way it's currently set up, it would be tough.

If I ever think of a way to do it, I'll probably release something standalone for that, as it seems to be a popular request.

The code check for the ammo only slot is literally commented out and replaced with a return false.

Adding a 'new' slot would basically require a highlander style mod(a lot of hardcoded checks in the gamestates) to enable/add these depreciated functions. (same issue with the grenade slot being hard linked to the launch grenade ability).

Re: No. 2 .. .Didn't someone already create a mod to allow the Special Ammo's to go into the Weapon Upgrade Slot rather than the backpack slot? I'm sure i saw something like that on here?

No, all they did was enable access to the already designed special ammo's. Also, there is no 'backpack' slot that can be accessed by the player, atm only the utility slots, and the grenadier only grenade slot.

As for option 1, most likely doable

The code check for the ammo only slot is literally commented out and replaced with a return false.

Adding a 'new' slot would basically require a highlander style mod(a lot of hardcoded checks in the gamestates) to enable/add these depreciated functions. (same issue with the grenade slot being hard linked to the launch grenade ability).

Re: No. 2 .. .Didn't someone already create a mod to allow the Special Ammo's to go into the Weapon Upgrade Slot rather than the backpack slot? I'm sure i saw something like that on here?

<snip> Also, there is no 'backpack' slot that can be accessed by the player, atm only the utility slots, and the grenadier only grenade slot.

Just to knit pick a little, but the utility slots don't actually exists either, the items equipped generally show on the belt So realistically they should be called Belt Slots. <sigh> I miss the original UFO:EU where you had a huge amount of "slots" for all sorts of gear, It was almost a mini game in itself figuring out the best use of space :)

Just to knit pick a little, but the utility slots don't actually exists either, the items equipped generally show on the belt So realistically they should be called Belt Slots. <sigh> I miss the original UFO:EU where you had a huge amount of "slots" for all sorts of gear, It was almost a mini game in itself figuring out the best use of space :smile:

'Utility' belt ;)

I agree, I actually liked the old backpack style, you had to manage your inventory, instead of the game just saying 'oh you cleared the map, here is 20+ corpses that would fill the skyranger hold without troops in it' ... although, it was silly that your troops could fit 2+ corpses in their backpack and still walk around. I still think they were the precursors to the Time Lords and were close to building a TARDIS with those things.

There is code for the backpack to actually have limited space, so it is possible with a lot of work to bring back that old style backpack ... but the hard part would be making the game not end on mission complete, so you could pick up the corpses(aside from timed missions where you could make the choice to do so I suppose). Although, from what I can tell, every item only takes up 1 space, so there is a whole slew of changes for balancing.

I agree, I actually liked the old backpack style, you had to manage your inventory, instead of the game just saying 'oh you cleared the map, here is 20+ corpses that would fill the skyranger hold without troops in it' ... although, it was silly that your troops could fit 2+ corpses in their backpack and still walk around. I still think they were the precursors to the Time Lords and were close to building a TARDIS with those things.

There is code for the backpack to actually have limited space, so it is possible with a lot of work to bring back that old style backpack ... but the hard part would be making the game not end on mission complete, so you could pick up the corpses(aside from timed missions where you could make the choice to do so I suppose). Although, from what I can tell, every item only takes up 1 space, so there is a whole slew of changes for balancing.

This might be as hard to do, but it's an idea:

Would it be possible to add an 'evac all XCOM soldiers' objective to EVERY mission? That way, you wouldn't complete the mission until you called the skyranger and got out of there, even if everything on the map was already dead.

Like I said, might be more difficult than it's worth or than implementing it some other way, but it's the most obvious thing to come to mind for me.

This is most likely possible ... BUT ... the caveat here is the way the tactical mission code works. An Evac means no loot except what you pick up. Which would mean 0 corpses ... this is bad. That whole section would have to be rewritten, and im not sure how much of it might be hidden inside the exe ... so its possible that it would be completely impossible(although this is unlikely, as you could probably build your own class that tracks what kills were made and just adds the corpses on return to the avenger).

What about somehow tying it into the "Loot" drop system from the senior, random enemies? Your soldier automatically stops and picks up items whenever they enter the yellow square (and the 3 turn timer is probably editable? maybe?) And I also found an "Advent Crate" I could loot the other day.

I was standing next to a VIP, and I noticed the "Open Door" icon was available, (when nowhere near an actual door) so out of curiosity, i clicked on it, Up popped the loot window you normally get from the yellow squares, but there was nothing to take, just an empty loot screen with the "Ok" button. So maybe the loot system was originally designed to be more robust or extensive, with more options, but they never properly instigated it? Or they just never got round to adding loot tables for crates?

But I think the aliens, and by extension XCOM, must use some sort of Flat Space Technology (ala Aeon Flux) Considering the unlimited ammo the soldiers carry, and how they seem able to fit an essentially unlimited number of soldiers onto the Avenger, plus dozens of Engineers, and Scientists, and all the plebs running around CIC, along with all the supplies, and assorted other carp you gather along the way ...