Mods true to the game world?

Skillet98

I don't know if this has been asked before or if there is already a list.

If there is a list, could somebody link me?

I'd basically like to find a list of mods that are true to the game world. I've browsed for hours and the mods I do find (especially for armors and houses, weapons, etc...) always seem very off-base from the core game. I do not wish to play as Anime or Final Fantasy characters, and I don't want to dress up like a character from Underworld, or Ivy from Soul Caliber. No offense to the people who make those mods or use them, it's just not for me.

Thanks.

In other words, you want "lore friendly" mods. There are quite a lot of them and listing them would take...well, it would probably crash the forums. :P If you could narrow it down a bit, that would help us point you in the right direction(s). :thumbsup:

What sort of mods are you looking for?

Integration: The Stranded Light practically has more elder scrolls lore and canon than the entire core game.

weapons and armor are rather subjective... I suppose armors/weapons adapted to Oblivion from Morrowind would be lore correct, but just about anything that's not ludicrous should do. (ie: butt-floss of 20 armor rating!)

OOO/FCOM are decent lore correct overhauls.

Edited by JCP768

Now, my mods are all lore friendly, except for my taser mod. I'd say most so is my Last Stand of House Dagoth mod, as I replicated (not nifwise, but stat wise) many items from morrowind using oblivion textures, held with timelines that worked, and formed lore within it that fit realistically with canon. That was a pretty much totally lore friendly thing.

Shoot, I once made a lore-friendly bazooka (Turns out barrels are useful that!), that was of realistic construction of the time, and didn't do 86 billion damage in 140 kabillion feet or something stupid.

In other peoples mods, I'd say Vvardenfell imports does the job, as those are from scratch remakes of almost every morrowind armor.

In other words, you want "lore friendly" mods. There are quite a lot of them and listing them would take...well, it would probably crash the forums. :P If you could narrow it down a bit, that would help us point you in the right direction(s). :thumbsup:

What sort of mods are you looking for?

Yes, I didn't really want to say "Lore-Friendly" because that applies to story imo. And I'm not necessarily looking for Morrowind remakes or story overhauls.

I guess you could say, I want to add to the game, not really change the game. If that makes any sense.

The Adventurer Armor mod is something I would consider true or lore-friendly. Dark Illusion armor... is not something I would consider lore friendly. :P

Lore-friendly and true to the game are both personal opinions on many mods. What one person thinks will fit would be anathema to another. :rolleyes: Try some, if you don't think they fit your concept of what the game should be just discard them and try another. I'm sure there will be plenty to fit your personal concept of "true to the game world" :thumbsup:

"Lore-friendly" is very subjective. I tend to avoid anything which runs along the lines of "I added this suit of armor/weapon and you have to buy it at..." because that (usually) means the modmaker didn't bother to even pretend it fitted into the game's own levelling structure, so it's usually either WAY overpowered or just plain "wrong" (mesh bikinis with an armor rating of 5000 or something silly).

On the other hand, you can find mods which, while not exactly 100% lore friendly, DO fit more-or-less properly into the game world, and are a real blast to play. If you don't mind some (very) explicit adult situations, Claudia's Little Secret is great fun, just extrapolating from existing lore and adding a sexy twist to it. I also second the comment above about Integration: The Stranded Light - VERY closely lore based AND one heck of a good mod.

There are several threads around about lore-friendly and realistic gameplay - I've kicked off a couple and more are there for the reading. One group of modders is seeking to undo the bodge perpetrated by Bethesda and make the Argonians and Khajiits look more "beasty" and less like something from a low-budget 50's 'B' movie or an early Doctor Who story. However, many mods not labelled as specifically "lore correct" are, in fact, perfectly fine - they just take a little thought to decide whether they suit YOUR perception of Lore-friendliness. There are weapons, armour, towns, dungeons, and even entire new races, which are all correct according to "lore"

Start with the stuff given, and look at other stuff - pick and choose as you go and make sure the game always feels right to YOU, and you'll be fine.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

lol

Yes, lore-friendly is mostly subjective. But I don't think there's a single person who actually thinks Lightning from Final Fantasy or a Nazgul from LotR actually fits into Tamrielic lore.

And I have been downloading and trying mods. Mostly things like graphics upgrades and some UI stuff so far. But the point of making this thread was in hopes of finding a list of mods that are more or less lore-friendly to avoid the masses of mods that are obviously not.

If there is no such list, I guess I will have to work on making one in the future. ;)