Mining, Smithing & Crafting

DingerDan

What I've always REALLY LOVED about RPG games is the ability to create. You may have had a slight hunch that I got the idea off of Runescape. I love that game simply for the fact you can mine and smith. Saying as there's already meshes for rocks, furnaces, pickaxes and ore, I think it would be sick if someone made a mod that enabled the player to mine ores and make armor (not like new armor, just iron and steel and stuff), and even skin cows to make leather armors, you get the drift :)

If people made meshes for custom armor to make, or even new caves and stuff to mine in I would probably die of being in love with Oblivion.

So, people, can anyone make my dream a reality? ^^

Plenty of mods covering chunks of this area already. Do a search on "craft" or "crafting" in the description field.

A mod concatenating all these things would be cool, though, it would guarantee intercompatibility... And it would mean that your Data folder isn't full to the brim with .esps. :(

Edit:: I found a couple where you can mine gold & silver veins for... Gold and silver, but that's not really what I'm looking for :( The game already has a problem with items being completely useless, like the hundreds of meats you can get, but not actually do anything with. I really wanna be able to mine the ore, smelt it, smith it and wear it ^^

Edited by DingerDan

Keep in mind that it IS still a beta, so some things might be a bit glitchy. V0.8 is currently in the works. If you'd like to offer feedback/bug reports or join up for beta testing then you can head over to the Wormhole forum and sign up to be a tester. That's also where the team does its brainstorming. Lot of good help and info there.

RP