Oblivion shuts down on loading - No MS dialogs

DingerDan

Whenever I load - Not just load the game, I mean load resources even on starting a new game, the bar will reach the end, then oblivion would close completely. No 'Oblivion has stopped working' or anything, it just closes. Here's my load order -

Active Mod Files:

00 Oblivion.esm

01 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.3]

02 Better Cities Resources.esm [Version 4.9.5]

03 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

04 Better Cities .esp [Version 4.7.0]

05 All Natural.esp [Version 1.3]

06 All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.3]

07 Immersive Interiors.esp [Version 0.8]

08 Immersive Interiors - Lights Addon.esp [Version 0.8]

09 All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.3]

0A QQuix - Rock, rock, rock your ship - V3.esp

0B DLCHorseArmor.esp

0C DLCOrrery.esp

0D DLCVileLair.esp

0E DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

0F DLCThievesDen.esp

10 DLCFrostcrag.esp

11 Knights.esp

12 _Ren_BeautyPack_full + Soya's hair.esp

13 AMB.esp

14 Better Cities Full.esp [Version 4.9.5]

15 Better Cities - VWD of the IC.esp [Version 4.7.0]

16 Better Imperial City.esp [Version 4.9.5]

17 Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp [Version 4.9.0]

EDIT: Just confirmed that it has nothing to do with the .ini file. I tried rebuilding it, still the same errors.

Edited by DingerDan

Well, on general principles I'd add the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (SI) and the Unofficial Official Mods Patch to that little lot, plus (because I get fed up with random crashes) OBSE, weOCPS and FastExit.

However, looking at your list the only ones I don't have in my own setup are #0A, #12, #13 and #17.

Two suggestions:

Check the requirements for all the mods, and make sure you have anything they require like OBSE or specific plugins for it like Pluggy.

If you are on Vista or Win7, move the game entirely to c:\Games\Oblivion from c:\Program files\Oblivion, and reinstall all the mods as the UAC often breaks stuff. Instructions to do so are HERE.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Well, on general principles I'd add the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (SI) and the Unofficial Official Mods Patch to that little lot, plus (because I get fed up with random crashes) OBSE, weOCPS and FastExit.

However, looking at your list the only ones I don't have in my own setup are #0A, #12, #13 and #17.

Two suggestions:

Check the requirements for all the mods, and make sure you have anything they require like OBSE or specific plugins for it like Pluggy.

If you are on Vista or Win7, move the game entirely to c:\Games\Oblivion from c:\Program files\Oblivion, and reinstall all the mods as the UAC often breaks stuff. Instructions to do so are HERE.

It's cool now, I've got it fixed... Turns out it was Reneer's rain mod. No idea what's wrong with it.

Ahhh, I didn't spot that in the list.

Reneer's Rain Mod causes crashes for a lot of people - he was talking about withdrawing it from the Nexus until he could try to fix it.

Ahhh, I didn't spot that in the list.

Reneer's Rain Mod causes crashes for a lot of people - he was talking about withdrawing it from the Nexus until he could try to fix it.

It didn't cause too many problems before I reinstalled.. Well, that's a lie, it was glitchy ass hell, the weather would randomly change depending on where I was looking... Well I hope he gets it fixed, the rain under bridges thing ruins the whole immersion thing for me, tragically, most games have that problem.