Water does not show up at all.

TheShogun

That's a little lacking in info - about like asking "My car won't go - why" without filling in details such as "There is no petrol in the tank".

Suggestions:

List the following info:

Oblivion / Shivering Isles version.

Any Unofficial Patches installed.

Any extenders such as OBSE and OBGE, along with version numbers and list of installed plugins.

Post a mod list in spoiler tags, ideally either the BOSS sorting order document or the Wrye Bash mods list export.

That may help people track it down.

That's a little lacking in info - about like asking "My car won't go - why" without filling in details such as "There is no petrol in the tank".

Suggestions:

List the following info:

Oblivion / Shivering Isles version.

Any Unofficial Patches installed.

Any extenders such as OBSE and OBGE, along with version numbers and list of installed plugins.

Post a mod list in spoiler tags, ideally either the BOSS sorting order document or the Wrye Bash mods list export.

That may help people track it down.

Of course sorry, I have the steam version of the game (GOTY), it is 1.2.0416. No unofficial patches or extenders, and the only mod I have is the alternate Start Arrive by Ship V1.66.

OK, there are a couple of known quirks with the Steam game if it is installed on a Vista or Windows 7 computer, and you may need to make a couple of changes if trying to fix a bug.

Firstly, the install location will become a problem if it's in the default install place. There's a guide HERE covering general moving of an Oblivion install , and there's a link in it to the procedure for shifting a steam version to someplace the Windows UAC won't muck things up. If the Steam version had to be patched after installation, try re-applying the patch as it may have screwed up due to UAC.

Having done that, double-check the ini file setting you changed is in the user folder, NOT the default.ini in the installation folder. Many people alter the default.ini, and this has no effect on the installed game.

Once you've done/checked those couple of things, hopefully someone can help you solve the water problem.