Vast Wilderness

horberg

Hello.

I am a long-time oblivion player, i know every corner of the game. I downloaded a mod that removed the borders of cyrodiil and let you explore the vast empty blank ground that was. I did not spend much time exploring emptiness, and simply kept on playing the game, until i recently made a cheat ring that gave you practically infinite speed. This allowed me to run around (practically flying) and explore beyond cyrodiil with incredible speed (in combination with the border mod). What astonished me was that the world beyond cyrodiil was a LOT bigger then i expected, you could literary fly all the way to daggerfell! However not all of the distant land was actual ground, the distant horizon was just a "distant LOD" with no ground, but nevertheless, you could run around in a world i estimate many times bigger then cyrodiil.

Personally while playing oblivion i never really cared about dungeons, i just wanted to explore the mountains and forests wilderness. So after this series of events i came up with the idea to create a mod that makes this far distant land more fun and to give you a reason to play around in it. From the looks of it, auto-generating the things necessary to make the distant land any fun, does not seem hard, when it just comes to straight wilderness (no dungeons).

The mayor lack of gameplay in the distant land are that there are no enemies, no sounds of birds, no ingredients or weather effects, mostly there are already trees and decent ground texture. Firstly i am going to add sound, make the world feel alive and not so different from cyrodiil. Secondly i will add vegetation and ground texture to those parts that have none, and last, i will add some randomly appearing monsters.

If you find this appealing and want to help me, just comment or yell at me, please e-mail [email protected]