Where does launcher store texture size setting?

Rooker75

Does anyone know where the setting is stored when you open the Skyrim launcher to Advanced and switch between High quality textures, medium quality and low quality? Absolutely nothing seems to change in either Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini when I toggle between the settings, nothing changes in the only Windows registry entry I can find for Bethesda.

It does change. Just observe your game. Play with ultra and and then switch to low. You will see a very significant difference especially the textures.

You can aslo try enabling read-only fpr your skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini so that the launcher doesnt accidentally change it back.

No, I know it changes in the game, I just can't find where it's storing the setting. Something keeps flipping it between medium and high textures.

I've already tried making those files read-only and it didn't help. I even removed the launcher so Steam wouldn't run it by accident.

If you see the difference in game, it means things has indeed been changed in the ini. Skyrimprefs.ini is the one you want.

can you like post a before and after? I mean set your game to low and then copy paste the Skyrimprefs.ini here (with spoiler tags, or use pastebin), and then set your game to ultra and do the same thing. I believe I can show you that there is indeed a difference.