Increase polygons to an existing mesh (SKYRIM)

striknado

Hello all. I am fresh to this part of modding.

Need help here.

I'd like to increase more porlygons (little bit more resolution) some parts of outfit to, after that, manipulate inside bodyslide. Because some conversions i tried to do deforms to much cuz the terrible low poly and the weigh paint not 1005 match the body.

I alread start to using blender 2.49b...tried tyhe latest version of blender but i got error when i export nif.

I found things like smooth subdivide edges...and is pretty much that i want. But i dont know what i have to do after. Is just subdivide or i need to make more things like UV maps after subdivide?..

Much thanks for any help here and sorry for the bad english

• 4 months later...

Its called subsurf modifier . but makes the topology messed up. which is less of a problem than messed up uvs. but if you can select only nonadjacent uv islands you can convert tris to quads without messing up the uvmap.

For your purpose it should not be necessary to subdivide the entire mesh. so just select the problem areas getting an even number of tris and try to make it so u end up with only quads in the area u selected. then hit ctrl r to chop the quads up.

If you select adjacent uv islands and convert to quads it will most likely screw up your uvmap.

Do the process on only the _1 nif cause last time i tried i lose vertex order exporting both th _1 and _0

Vertex order must be identical for the weight slider to work in game. Use bodyslide for making the _0 version.