Fallout 3 for android?

Maelstrom100

Ok i know this is likely going to be borderline impossible to do let alone likely borderline legal/illegal but here me out for a sec

would there be anyway to make this game work on / adapt a port to android as an apk? most android phones/tablets these days should have enough juice to run it ( you can run bioshock on iphones now and that had similar spec requirements)

would this be legal to "port" if each person had a copy of the game that they then implemented into the "Android type files" or used a tool to convert? i mean skyrim has the skywind project which combines those two games which will also require both those games to be able to play the full completed mod

so would it be a stretch to say that bethesda would allow us to get away with such a gigantic type mod? i mean they seem to be fully supporting and even endorsing modding as shown by how they are adding modding to console for fallout 4 and how they seem to be endorsing that new fallout nv mod on their vault tec page

i know this is pure speculation and that it likely won't happen sadly or even could happen, im just asking if its possible

if this were possible however, do you think modders would even be able to "port" it? and by port again i mean use some kind of tool, or change the format somehow so it can be read as an apk

*(edit)* i just remembered seeing a tool used to port the half life engine made by valve to android which allowed them to play the early valve games such as half life, counter strike and the original team fortress mod, i know its a big leap from that to this but still, food for thought i guess

Edited by Oileme

• 2 weeks later...

Oileme, on 12 Mar 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

Ok i know this is likely going to be borderline impossible to do let alone likely borderline legal/illegal but here me out for a sec

would there be anyway to make this game work on / adapt a port to android as an apk? most android phones/tablets these days should have enough juice to run it ( you can run bioshock on iphones now and that had similar spec requirements)

would this be legal to "port" if each person had a copy of the game that they then implemented into the "Android type files" or used a tool to convert? i mean skyrim has the skywind project which combines those two games which will also require both those games to be able to play the full completed mod

so would it be a stretch to say that bethesda would allow us to get away with such a gigantic type mod? i mean they seem to be fully supporting and even endorsing modding as shown by how they are adding modding to console for fallout 4 and how they seem to be endorsing that new fallout nv mod on their vault tec page

i know this is pure speculation and that it likely won't happen sadly or even could happen, im just asking if its possible

if this were possible however, do you think modders would even be able to "port" it? and by port again i mean use some kind of tool, or change the format somehow so it can be read as an apk

*(edit)* i just remembered seeing a tool used to port the half life engine made by valve to android which allowed them to play the early valve games such as half life, counter strike and the original team fortress mod, i know its a big leap from that to this but still, food for thought i guess

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter&hl=en

Edited by Purr4me

Fallout shelter is not fallout 3

you are correct, but...it shows what can be done...if you know what you want to do, it does answer your question ...IF you read about it's conceptions.

IF you build the game from scratch..using this game as a format as the shelter was designed to do, then it fit's your request for and .." ( android port project ) ".

you obtain license from Bethesda with what ever you submit to them as a concept and it may become legal. This does answer your question on all bases.

...." i know this is pure speculation and that it likely won't happen sadly or even could happen, im just asking if its possible ".

that is what you asked ? and No, the current format can not be ported, therefore, you need to change it's format as they did for that device.

then after covering all corners, you ask.

No one will respond on speculation, concept or proof of is required before corporate will respond.

Please read all history about the concepts of the shelter and realize what it takes to do as you ask.

The shelter IS in fact modeled after fallout 3. The entire theme.

And I'm not stupid, I do realize your asking for this exact game to port, which is not possible on android or iOS systems.

-------------------------

If any game is ported to that format, it not longer IS to be the original.

IT will resemble the shelter outcome. Any game.

EDIT: This is an after thought that might give you a good starting point so your not left high and dry. please read things.

(http://www.appgamekit.com/about-agk.php)

I a,m always thinking about what people want, I hope this starts you on a good path.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

• 6 months later...
Ok so coming back to this after a few months i can safely say that while this is in all likely hood actually possible, i haven't actually gotten it working due to a bugged root on my android samsung s6.... my current plan is to use a rooted phone emulating the unbuntu operating system, where i will then use wine to make fallout 3 runable on linux-android, then i'll see if i can install the neccessary drivers, install the preformance mods manually to the fallout 3 wine installation (so that if i can get it working it will be more lightweight on the phone hardware) then the problem would be getting a controls workaround that plays well, all the linux os software iv'e seen aren't exactly optimised for gaming but here's hoping i can try and get some form of control scheme working If i can even get that far. Current problem is the bugged root on my s6, then its getting the linux working, then the wine fallout (which i can do on my pc then use a thumbdrive to transfer it) then see if i can actually run it!