Possible New PC - Any suggestions?

8GB is unnecessary unless you plan on using professional programs. mhz means even less.

You really shouldn't buy this prebuilt.

By professional programs, what do you mean? I occasionally use Photoshop which tends to run slow/freeze sometimes on my current computer. I suppose you mean more like video editing though. And also, each piece of hardware is purchased separately, it's just put together in the shop and picked up. The website has a system builder, where I started from scratch.

Virtual machines, 3DS max, etc. benefir from lots of RAM. Photoshop and games won't need more than 4GB.

You're still going to be overpaying if you're not building it yourself. Just order the parts of newegg.

The core i7 you chose is an older model, A core i7-2600k system would be cheaper and faster.

Yup..:) & the "K" might not be the best idea, either.

8GB is unnecessary unless you plan on using professional programs. mhz means even less.

Imo, that's incorrect. Brand-name RAM with some sort of cooling present is needed (unless it's an extension for liquid cooling); also RAM's now clocked @ over 1600Mhz (UEFI BIOS).

Imo, that's incorrect. Brand-name RAM with some sort of cooling present is needed (unless it's an extension for liquid cooling); also RAM's now clocked @ over 1600Mhz (UEFI BIOS).

Integrated graphics you'll never use on an i7 over overclocking ability? Ram cooling? "Brand name" ram? "now at 1600mhz"?

Are you sure you understand what you're talking about?

Edited by urbex