A question regarding the PCs Inventory.

tnu

OK here's soemthing I'v ebeen wondeirng about of late. when items are taken form the player during Tranquility Lane, Into the Pitt, and Aiding hte Outcasts wher exactly do they go? I did a small amount of digging and came across MQ04PlayerContainerScript but evne looking ove rthis script just shows items are removed fromt he palyer and stored somewhere else. it doesn't specify any sort of container REF where hte items are stored.

The removing part is done in the Quest Scripts. In the Tranquility Lane Quest Script "MQ04Script" is has the code to move the players items to the container "MQ04PlayerContainerRef" once the Player gets in the pod chair.

"MQ04PlayerContainerScript" is used to put all the items stored in the container "MQ04PlayerContainerRef" back into the Players inventory at the end of being in Tranquility Lane and being back in Vault 112.

The removing part is done in the Quest Scripts. In the Tranquility Lane Quest Script "MQ04Script" is has the code to move the players items to the container "MQ04PlayerContainerRef" once the Player gets in the pod chair.

"MQ04PlayerContainerScript" is used to put all the items stored in the container "MQ04PlayerContainerRef" back into the Players inventory at the end of being in Tranquility Lane and being back in Vault 112.

Thanks man. FOund it and it lead me ot ifnd osme cntent that seems to ahv ebeen cut formt he quest apperently youw ere supposed to be able ot reprogram a robot to scare Timmy. some information about it in the script at least. Havn't had this much fun poking around since I discovered how the diplomatic scenes with General Orlov worked.

Yea you can find all kinds of interesting stuff in the code. I often run across comments in the scripts from one scripter talking about another scripter in less than flattering terms. I've even run across one where a scripter was commenting about certain code being necessary because a smartA** player might not do as expected. :)