Can't Draw Weapons, Fire, or Crouch

I tried to start a New Game, but I keep getting some sort of glitch/bug that keeps me from drawing my weapon. I have tried multiple things to test for problems, but I can't seem to figure it out. First off, let me state this: In any of my previous saves I can fire/crouch/draw weapon etc. normally, but when I make a new character I cannot do any of those things. I even saw that I couldn't sprint when I had Project Nevada installed, but I could sprint and all in all my previous saves.

I have De-activated all mods and tried to draw my weapons/etc. multiple times with different load order combinations (each time hitting the "New Game" option from the main menu) but to no avail. I have deleted numerous mods that I didn't require anymore, still no change. I unchecked all ESP files, and still can't draw my weapon/etc. I completely Un-installed and Re-installed Fallout New Vegas, but still haven't fixed the issue. I am practically playing Vanilla Fallout:NV and STILL can't draw my weapon.

I also noticed that Sunny Smile's dialogue changed when you meet her for the first time. What I mean is that the first time you meet her, she's suppose to say something like: "Chyenne stay. Don't worry. She won't bite unless I tell her too." But ever since I began trying to make a new character (before I started deleting mods/de-activating mods/Un-install & Re-install) she says this line instead: "Yeah alright. Let's just get done with this first and we'll talk later. Preferably somewhere I can get a stiff drink and Chyenne can cool down". So I am lost as to what is going on. I have spent about five hours (my entire late-night gaming time) trying to fix this and have still found NO solution. Fellow members of the Nexus, if you can find it in your heart, (and preferably in your minds as well...) help a fellow gamer out.

Now... that's, a big issue, and in all honesty I have no idea what that means, perhaps some kind of interference with Steam or the latest game patch because I have never heard of an issue such as this. Perhaps you should contact Bethesda Softworks Technical Support (I know Technical Supports are pain in the ass, but it's better to explore all the options you have) and maybe they can find a solution. I sincerely doubt it is your graphics card drivers because that doesn't really seem to make sense that a driver would cause that issue. It might even be Windows altogher, either case I really don't have any idea of an issue such as this, I will try to look around for similar problems and let you know if I find anything.

Well I managed to track down an article which is here and what it basically mentions is a very similar issue you to your except this guy had a crappy processor and I am going to assume you meet the minimum system requirements, but he also had 2 files that were missing when he installed the game the first and second time and Steam managed to find and replace them after he validated all the files. I don't know what or how to validate the files because I don't use steam that much, but I would definitely recommend validating your files to see if your missing any.

Thanks for the reply Commander19 But I believe I tracked down what's wrong. It looks like these performance packs (One of which I downloaded) <a href="http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42046" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">http://www.newvegasn...le.php?id=42046</a> (Performance Booster Pack) and <a href="http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41952" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">http://www.newvegasn...le.php?id=41952</a> (Increased Performance Pack) Hold two ESP files that are suppose to remove Bushes and Tumble Weeds in New Vegas. Ever since I got rid of them I have been 100% UNABLE to reproduce this glitch/bug. And each time it happened, I had these two ESPs activated. I think there should still be further testing in case I'm wrong, but the users of these performance mods MUST BE WARNED of the possibility of that bug, because I literally took this entire weekend (Day and Night) to fix that bug alone. Edited by GothikaGeist

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to track down an article which is here and what it basically mentions is a very similar issue you to your except this guy had a crappy processor and I am going to assume you meet the minimum system requirements, but he also had 2 files that were missing when he installed the game the first and second time and Steam managed to find and replace them after he validated all the files. I don't know what or how to validate the files because I don't use steam that much, but I would definitely recommend validating your files to see if your missing any.

I'm glad you solved this problem. I was haveing the same issue last year & it has popped up again. At first i thought a complete re-instal would fix it, but no luck (it worked last time) I's running very few mods:

Goodsprings Farmhouse

Enclave Security Armor

Blackwolf Backpacks

- my custom m1918BAR mod -

SagerGlobals <---- I think this one caused the error. I've deactivated it. Will wait & see.

How did you validate the files? If this is the actual fix to the problem, I will deff try it. This is breaking the game. So far not many people have posted this problem, fewer have posted any suggestions. Any reply would be appreciated.

I'm glad you solved this problem. I was haveing the same issue last year & it has popped up again. At first i thought a complete re-instal would fix it, but no luck (it worked last time) I's running very few mods:

Goodsprings Farmhouse

Enclave Security Armor

Blackwolf Backpacks

- my custom m1918BAR mod -

SagerGlobals <---- I think this one caused the error. I've deactivated it. Will wait & see.

How did you validate the files? If this is the actual fix to the problem, I will deff try it. This is breaking the game. So far not many people have posted this problem, fewer have posted any suggestions. Any reply would be appreciated.

I didn't use commander's suggestion, those performance packs were causing the issue for me. Basically if you have a an esp or any file that removes bushes and tumbleweeds, get rid of em and check if the problem persists.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem as GothikaGeist. I had few mods(including those performance boosters as included in previous posts) and everything was fine. Then I thought of starting new game with Arwen's realism mod and suddenly out of nowhere I couldn't crouch or draw a weapon. I figured it may be due some mods incompatibility so I unchecked most of them and ran game again, however the problem persisted. I was rather devastated at that point and re-installed the game completely mod free but to my surprise problem persisted. Even tried game without patches and DLC but that doesn't work either.

You guys talk about file validation, but aside from FOMM validation I have no idea how to do that, moreover I deleted all mods so how come the problem still remains?

It just doesn't make any damn sense and I don't believe the game is missing any files because same installation was running just fine before.

So please if anyone have a solution to this problem I would really appreciate it.

If you are somewhere where you know you should be able to use all the functions, just open up the console on write "EnablePlayerControls" with out quotations ;)

If you are somewhere where you know you should be able to use all the functions, just open up the console on write "EnablePlayerControls" with out quotations ;)

Oh my, such a simple solution!

Thanks sooo much!!!! luv ya, have a wonderful day, I know I will..finally.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

BlueAngel2727-

Ok i was freaking out for like 3 hours about this and i had like the exact problem like exact problem that gothikageist had even the part with sunny smiles was the same, so i thot it must just be a weapon mod or some other mod i had recently installed conflicting with another one so i made sure they were all in correct order. So after that didnt work i was on the edge of deleting all my mods and re installing steam and new vegas. but luckily i used the console command "enableplayercontrols" and omg it worked!! so here i am totally stoked that rausheim had suggested to use and dude thank you thank you so much. you saved me allot of work and time, so thanks allot bro, i REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks again!!!!!