Need help with generating LOD for Dawnguard objects

georgeblack

I am currently working on a new worldspace in which I use a lot of objects from the Dawnguard DLC, like those beautiful ruin architectures of Snow Elf. But when I generate LOD of static objects for this worldspace the process fails and I am warned like this: Missing dds textures for object SERuinsArchwayFree01....

I also use some buildings from Dragonborn DLC but that doesn't meet any trouble. When I look into Dawnguard.bsa I find that there is no LOD texture file in it. Instead the LOD files for Dawnguard are located in the HighResTexturePack02.bsa. Really strange. So I extract those LOD files from the HighRes pack, convert them to tga format, and place them in the correct folder under TGATextures where all other LOD tga files are located. But then when I generate LOD the problem still occurs, which makes me really mad.

So does anyone know how to generate LOD properly if you use objects from Dawnguard? There must be a way. After all the Forgotten Vale and Soul Crain has their LOD generated correctly. I've spent a very long time on this worldspace and I am really frustrated if it cannot be finished.

Did you remember to extract the meshes as well?

I solve the problem by extracting those dds files and put them under folder Skyrim/data/textures. Not sure if that's what you mean but thx anyway.

But now I am stuck at the terrain LOD. I generate it with Oscape. I enter my worldspace, the LOD works fine at first. But if I enter another small worldspace I made and return to my main worldspace, the terrain LOD is gone. The land turns black and disappears in short distance. The small worldspace is a blackreach-like large cave and has the main worldspace as its parent. Its LOD hasn't been generated yet.

The problem only seems to happen if I transport between these two worlds. If I type coc whiterun and then coc back to my main world the LOD works fine. So I am quite confused.

The world map doesn't function properly either. There's no terrain at all, neither the land not the ocean,only the mountains.

For more details: I hear that Oscape only works on square map so I edit my world in the world region settings and set it as 96x96 cells. But the coordinates of the four corners are a bit weird: (31,47)(31,-48)(-64,47)(-64,-48). It is due to my lack of proper planning at early development. Does it matter?

I finally make the terrain LOD work right. I deleted all the LOD files in the mesh folder(including objects and trees LOD), adjusted my worldspace to a perfect 128 X 128 square in the region settings, then generated the static objects LOD, trees LOD in the CK and the terrain LOD in Oscape. Then the LOD works perfectly. But it is a huge waste of space since my island was meant to be a narrow rectangle rather than a huge square. I'll have to figure out how to fill the large area of ocean next :sad: