Xenomorph as in Alien movie

swinka6666

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The influence is the weight painted areas, it tells which parts of the model follow which bone and how strongly. Basically it would be possible for you to import a rigged sectoid model into blender, delete everything but the skeleton, import xeno and weight paint it to use the sectoid skeleton. That's one possibility if the skelly-swap doesn't work.

Ok, interesting - so there is possibility to edit that influence?

Weight painting - I'll follow that clue.

Yeah! It's not even that hard, just time consuming if you have a really detailed model with alot of things moving around. The xeno hasn't got ammobelts, backpacks and gazillion different types of clothing and hair so it shouldn't be that hard.

@Ragetist Definitively "Weight Painting" helped. It is quite basic function in 3d environments? My ignorance is overwhelming. :wink:

I guess it's basic in animating atleast, but there's alot of tricks and stuff that you can't possibly know about before you have to deal with that so it's no wonder you didn't know about that. I'm just happy it helped.

The xeno looks f-ing AWESOME animated, you really did a good job! There's probably a chance to swap animations later on to switch "call reinforcements" with some simple scream and such, so it's more like a beast-like yell instead of a xeno talking to an invisible radio but that's a matter for a later time :D