Rocket: Mini Boomer Child Companion

Cyberweasel89

This mod that I hope to make is for a child companion. Specifically, a Mini-Boomer.

Rocket is a Mini Boomer at Nellis Air Force Base. At first, she just wanders around the munitions storage, refusing to talk to the Courier. But when it becomes time to deploy the ballasts and raise the plane from the lake in the quest Volare!, Rocket goes with to help the Courier with the technical aspects of the task, and to ensure Boomer interests are maintained. Afterwards, she joins the Courier.

Combat

As Rocket is a child she is, sadly, set to essential no matter what you do. That is, unless you have a mod that makes children killable. Her Tag Skills are Explosives, Energy Weapons, and Guns. A form list ensures she will only wield Flamers, Gatling Lasers, and Plasma Casters for Energy Weapons, and Miniguns for Guns. All the explosives, be they thrown grenades or grenade launchers, can be wielded by her. She's an explosives expert. Her Perk while a companion, "Boomer Expertise", grants the Courier a boost to their Explosives skill, increasing the radius and range of thrown explosives, and providing some avoidance to traps.

Equipment

Rocket comes with a non-playable children's Boomer Jumpsuit and a non-playable Flamer that uses Magical Companion Ammo. She can equip any Explosives weapon and any heavy weapons categorized as Guns or Energy Weapons.

Rocket also wears a unique non-playable Boomer Welding Mask that has the effect of the Hit the Deck! Perk, drastically reducing her damage from explosions, even her own, as well as boosting her Fire Resistance by 50%. Though non-playable, the Courier can ask her to remove it in dialogue if they would rather her face be visible. The slots of this unique Welding Mask are also altered so that it only takes up the mask and glasses slot, allowing her to still wear any hats the Courier puts in her inventory.

Personality

Rocket is quite mature for her age of 10, even remarking "ten's the new twenty" should the Courier question this. She is foul-mouthed, rough, coarse, and seems to have a surprising knowledge of sex for her age. Despite being a girl, she is very tomboyish. The only thing girly about her is the ribbons in her hair, which she says are just there to let others know she's a girl. (The ribbons are part of a child hairstyle.)

Dialogue

If supplied with the materials, Rocket can make Bottlecap Mines, Powder Charges, and Time Bombs without a Workbench, even before you find the Schematics. You can also ask her for her unique opinion on the eight vanilla followers after recruiting them the first time.

Southpark has not much in common with FONV.

In FONV Children of age 10 are not Southpark kids.

Maybe the person trying to make this mod had something different in mind when he wrote this, but to me it seems a tad over the edge?

Edited by Klipperken

First, I didn't say she HAS sex. She just knows what it is and shows some surprising knowledge of the subject. For example, some of her quips and jokes are sexual in nature.

Second, I'm not a he. I'm a she.

Third, I actually possess no ability to make this mod myself. I'm hoping someone can help me with it. Fallout 3 had Little Lamplight Secrets for the child companion Junior. I'm trying to see if a child companion for New Vegas can be made.

Some thoughts/comments...

1. Sounds interesting, until child and sex (or even knowledge there of) are put in the same paragraph. These two should be as far apart as they can be and never in the same mod involving said child. I am the mother of three girls, and I can assure you that even the smartest 10 year old will not have a clue about what sex really is all about. Do yourself a favor, don't go there.

2. At 10 years old, this girl is not going to be a weapons and explosives expert. She may "think" she is because she is a child, but thats just not even plausible.

3. At 10 years old, she is not going to be big enough or strong enough to handle most rifles/shotguns/large caliber handguns, let alone flame throwers, gatling lasers, grenade launchers, missile launchers, etc.

4. @klipperken - 10 is no where near "teen", children officially become teens at thirteen.

I like what you have thought out, I really do, but maybe for a 16-18 year old.

@ Sunnie: those were the exact same objections I had, but you placed it better.

My prime language is Dutch, and my English... well I can help myself with it.

As for 10 year olds becoming teens: I have 4 daughters myself, and a unknown sex kid on the coming.

My youngest is going 10 now.

But I did not know that teens begin at 13?

Logically I assumed becoming teen begins at, indeed, TEN (hence teen, I figured)...

We call a ten year old teener...