fixing some flaws (official or third party)

SiNNeR

• 2 weeks later...

hey wait, I've got a new complaint... :P

still enjoying the game thanks to all the mods, but run into some more minor annoyances

"Speechcraft Training" quest... ok so having to talk to every beggar in every city is bad enough but there's no visual tracking of which I still need to talk to? any mod that simply makes the beggars appear as quest targets would be a huge help on this one, and if the other trainings have similar quests then for those too

if I remember right in Morrowind you could use Detect Life to distinguish between hostile and friendly NPCs and creatures by the colours of their aura, which is something that'd be useful for sneaking in Oblivion. it's nice to get a sneak bonus in attacking but annoying to then discover your victim wouldn't actually have attacked you

also there's the whole mounted combat thing, there's some mods but nothing to enable archery from a mount and from what I've read it seems it's just not possible to mod it. oh well, hopefully in Skyrim...

• 3 weeks later...
also trying to find a mod that allows waiting while trespassing... there's one Dark Brotherhood quest for example where you have to stage an accident and can only do so during a two hour time window... not only is there no visible clock, you can't wait while inside the house meaning you have to go all the way back outside again (avoiding being seen) to check the time, wait if necessary and then back in (again avoiding being seen)... tried this mod but it didn't work and the modder has annoyingly disabled comments on it (why is there even an option to do that?)

You don't have to wait to check the clock, just open up the map screen. Disabling comments is an option because a lot of mods get criticized for bad reasons, or flamed.

• 4 weeks later...

just a thanks again to all those who helped me out here. I'm still enjoying (heavily modded) Oblivion and very much glad that I gave the game another chance

and Shivering Isles is hilariously fun, Sheo's realm is so much better than Dagon's