Repackaging "cleaned" esps

jakelad

I am going to be biting the bullet this weekend and going ahead with a full FCOM install. As I want to start from a clean install, I'm going to uninstall then reinstall Oblivion first. I realise that I can use the OMODs I created already (I always make one for every mod, and include a script if necessary), but then I also realised that i'd have to re-clean a fair few esps using TES4Edit that I'd already cleaned before.

I have the cleaned esps in my data folder, and the backups created by TES4Edit in another folder. I was wondering if there was some kind of workaround to use the cleaned esps when I do my reinstall, thereby avoiding the lengthy cleaning process? The best I can think of is to repackage the original archives (mainly 7z) with the cleaned esps replacing the originals. Is this a workable option? However even if that is doable without causing later problems, I'll still have to recreate OMODs for the repackaged archives. So is there a way to directly repackage the OMODs with the cleaned esps?

Hmmm not sure if that's clear, but if anyone understands what I'm trying to say, all help appreciated!

Whichever way you go, I recommend mTES4 Manager to make a backup copy of your installation afterwards. That allows you to clone ANY of your installed copies, with associated mods, allowing you to test new mods and revert rapidly to a previous setup if the mod is dodgy.

One comment on it - ALWAYS leave it alone for a few minutes until the hard drive light stops going potty - it has to change a fair bit and the "Done" prompt comes up WAY before it finishes - and that can lead to a locked-up install.

You can add individual files to an existing omod. Right-click on the omod, select 'Edit'. Delete the old esp then select 'Add Files', navigate to your Data folder and select the cleaned esp. You may want to rename the omod so you know it has been done. Select 'Create'.

You can add individual files to an existing omod. Right-click on the omod, select 'Edit'. Delete the old esp then select 'Add Files', navigate to your Data folder and select the cleaned esp. You may want to rename the omod so you know it has been done. Select 'Create'.

Excellent, thanks.