Help! Oblivion not loading with OOO

blaqk_fire

Hi.

I just installed oblivion on my laptop and it doesnt seem to work when I have OOO selected in Data Files.

This is the list of selected files in Data Files

-DLCBattlehorn Castle - Unofficial Patch

-DLCBattlehorn Castle

-DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch

-DLCFrostcrag

-DLCHorse Armor Patch

-DLCHorse Armor

-DLCMehrunesRazor Patch

-DLCMehrunesRazor

-DLCOrrery Patch

-DLCOrrery

-DLCShiveringIsles

-DLCSpellTomes Patch

-DLCSpellTomes

-DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB

-DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch

-DLCThievesDen

-DLCVileLair patch

-DLCVIleLair

-Knights - Patch

-Knights

-Living Economy

-Oblivion.esm

I also downloaded OBMM but I'm not very familiar with it and I have Exnem's Eyecandy Female Body Replacer.

The game launches, but when ever I select an OOO file (Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp, OOO-Birthsigns.esp, OOO-Level_Normal.esp, etc...) and I hit play, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then it just goes back to the desktop, no error message or anything.

The only thing I can really thing of that might be an issue is I installed OOO 1.3 and extracted it and place it in Oblivion/Data and the folders merged and it asked me if i wanted to replace files. I said now cause it asked if i wanted to replace blah/blah/cow with blah/blah/cowlofthegreyfox or something. But the OOO Files didnt appear in the data list so I downloaded OOO 1.33 and moved OOO_Full and OOO_AddOns into Oblivion/Data. I can now select them in the data file list but i cant launch Oblivion with them.

EDIT: I'm running Windoes 7 64-bit if thats at all important.

I would appreciate it very much if I could get some help. I'm not very experienced with how mods work so anything wpuld be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Blaqk_fire

Edited by blaqk_fire

You do realise that your load order is exactly the opposite way around to what it's supposed to be, don't you?

Install Oblivion Mod Manager and then adjust your load order to this:

-Oblivion.esm

-DLCShiveringIsles

-Knights

-Knights - Patch

-DLCVIleLair

-DLCVileLair patch

-DLCThievesDen

-DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch

-DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB

-DLCSpellTomes

-DLCSpellTomes Patch

-DLCOrrery

-DLCOrrery Patch

-DLCMehrunesRazor

-DLCMehrunesRazor Patch

-DLCHorse Armor

-DLCHorse Armor Patch

-DLCFrostcrag

-DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch

-DLCBattlehorn Castle

-DLCBattlehorn Castle - Unofficial Patch

-Living Economy

Now reinstall OOO and RUN THE GAME THROUGH MOD MANAGER

Edited by TheReverendTholomewPlague

The list that I posted was actually from the Oblivion Data file list so the files werent in load order but alphabetical order.

But i Changed the load order to what you said.

I'll try reinstalling OOO now.

Sorry I forgot to mention I had the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch, would those two go directly under the files that they're patching? (UOP under Oblivion.esm and USIP under DLCShiveringIsles.esp)

And thanks for the help

Do you have a cracked copy of Oblivion? If you do, this could be the problem.

Extract the mod to your desktop. Now, if there is a folder called 'Data' it goes in: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\

If there are any folders called 'Meshes' or 'Textures' then copy all of the files and folders that are with them to: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\

If it asks you to overwrite anything, say yes

Edited by TheReverendTholomewPlague

The files that were extracted were Meshes, Textures, Sounds, and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I merged the first 3 and added the last to Data.

It seems to be working now. Thank you very much for all your help. There is only one error and its when I quit Oblivion it says Oblivion has stopped working but I can live with that.

One final question though. Should I load OOO last? After living economy and everything else?

Thanks again. You are a saint.