Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

Hello all! I wanted to take a small bit of time to explain some of my upcoming plans for finishing AlexTed's ATDungeonKeeper mod. It is rare now to see a fairly "old" mod still have such modern popular support. It is three years old and people still want to see it finished! I asked AlexTed for some specific ideas that he had originally for the mod (as to keep a more original atmosphere). He gave me a lot of exciting ideas for what he, at one time, had planned for the mod. Unfortunately, he himself has very little interest in finishing this mod. Nonetheless, I asked for privledges here on out to finish this mod which he gave to me. Therefore, as I have already started on it and made multiple (mostly visual) improvements, I thought now would finally be the appropriate time to announce this. Of course though I am not announcing this for personal glory, but instead to ask for a small modding team to assist me finish this mod. Finishing this mod is going to be no short task, but with a lot of dedication and creativity, I have full confidence that it can be done, and done very well.

As of right now, the main thing I need are:

-Experienced scripters. Custom spells and such are pivotal to the ultimate success of this mod. Unfortunately, I personally have very little scripting experience and certainly not enough to do a mod of this caliber justice. At a later time, I would like to build on the quests, but as of now that is not a high priority

-Creative (and of course slightly sadistic) ideas!

-People willing to download and test our new versions as they come out to give me (hopefully us) criticism and insight on what they want to see and what can be changed for a smoother, more exciting mod experience.

-Someone to add silent mp3s. The dialogue text speed is horrid for the first quest, fun as it is.

If you are interested in trying out my newest update send me a PM and I will provide you with a link. (I have not uploaded it to anywhere yet, I will add an edit when it is up, so for now, request from this thread).

My first focus was on making the mod more CM "prisoner" friendly :) As it is one of my favorite mods I decided to pay it a small bit of tribute at least.

Also a special consideration goes to Carnecerous Prison Mod. Excellent work that provided me with some inspiration for my newest updates.

Presently, here are some of the changes:

-Better "training" area in the lower area of the Halls of Water (to be CM Partner/Prisoner friendly. Kind of a sadistic twist but i liked it)

-Stairs leading into the electrocution pond in case you decide on another death for the prisoner

-Expansive lower cell block called "The Bowels" accessed from within the lower cellblock. Includes patroling guards and three "security sections."

-Exterior Guards. More realistic (to me at least)

-Gateway to fort. (I presently have two activators that can close/open the gate. You will enjoy trying to find them as I hid them rather well ;) )

Proposed Additions:

-Finishing the "Halls of the undead." That room has a strong amount of potential in it and I plan to make full use of it.

-Adding more interior cells. Not prison cells, but actual "rooms" with lots of "goodies" in them (aka more methods of execution) :)

-Rewrite any buggy scripts (although I am fairly sure the ones that exist now are solid) and add extra scripts for items, spells, ect.

-Adding more to the middle level of the "Halls of Water."

It may be a bit before I actually get time to upload the .esp to some site (probably won't be on the nexus until it is complete or at least extremely close). But between now and then, please post some creative ideas that maybe you would like to see implemented! Don't be afraid to say what you want, as I sincerely need creativity! If you are interested in investing your time (and name on the finished product) please leave a comment on this thread stating your desire to be on the team, level of experience, and what you would be willing to contribute to the mod as a whole. As we really will not need a massive team for this one, I will private message you if you are highly interested and experienced. I really look forward to hearing from you guys (and girls) as a community and I can't wait to see this one done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: I support you in this endeavor the original mod was very very good, I would like to help you but I don't have any experience with the CS. But what I do best is break stuff :biggrin: I'm always trying to find out how some thing comes apart so if you need a tester I'll be happy to help

What kind of scripts (for items and spells in particular) did you have in mind?

Cause though I am reluctant to join any team, I "freelance" from time to time. If you have need any scripts that seem interesting (or just already have) I might feel enticed... :ninja:

Oh my god I've waited so long for someone to finish this mod, Thank you!

You have my full support!

Unfortunately I have no modding/programming experience, but If I can assist in any way just let me know ;)

Keep it up mate!

EDIT:

Got 2 possible resources and 1 suggestion:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30910

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20454

Maybe those resources could be of some use to you.

I also would like prisoners not to die so easily, in the mod's current state the slaves die very quickly from your torturing methods. It's a torture dungeon after all, and you can't torture death people.

Edited by windu190

@windu190 & vasiliW - Yes! I definently do need testers for feedback, ideas, ect. If you guys are willing to start testing ill upload it to another site (I'm not yet ready to release to the nexus) as that way you can start playing around with it and tell me what you like and what you don't like, as well as ideas for me.

@MarkinMKUK- To be honest, I don't even have that mod or unfortunately even know how to use it. It would be nice if someone with a bit more expertise could implement that for me into the mod without actually requiring the original (make it unique to this mod).

@GreatLucifer- Oh man where to start... I'll throw out a couple of ideas for you and you tell me what you like (or what you are better at):

-after developing more areas, I would like more "go to" scripts. Of course, the static item would have to be in place prior to that happening, which I plan on doing at a later time (placing stuff and development of certain areas, although anyone with ideas is welcome to help)

-generic torture scripts. Kind of like the ones that wierd lady in the Shivering Isles "tests" on her subjects. Basically visual effects but the spells don't damage the target like they do in the shivering isles ones.

-a resurrrect spell incorporated in the mod (instead of having to get a third party mod). Would be nice if it could be made into a staff to be cast.

Thats just some of them, I'll come up with more in the future.

Thanks guys for showing interest in this project.

Windu190- I saw your edit right after I posted my reply! I will have to play around with them and see what works for the mod and what doesn't. Frankly I didn't even know that those existed, especially not animated devices! But the thing is, I want it to look realistic, like if you just activate the guilotine and the blade slides up and down without actually killing a person, it would be pretty meaningless. However, the iron maiden would def be feasible if, say, someone scripted a command to make the prisoner "go to iron maiden" and then script the iron maiden to slowly kill prisoner? Just a thought. And making the prisoners take longer to die wouldn't be too hard. Of course, any scripted area or command designed to instantly kill the prisoner will still work (such as the scripted "kill zone" in the well). Just keep coming up with ideas, the more the better.

Ok guys, i posted it online. If you are interested in testing or reviewing, please send me a PM. IT IS NOT FOR RE-DISTRIBUTION. BY DOWNLOADING THE ESP YOU AGREE TO NOT USE IT IN ANY OTHER WAY THAN FOR PERSONAL USE. I don't want it distributed to anyone but the testers until I release it on the Nexus. Thanks for understanding.

While it is no longer a "beta", it is still heavily a WIP (fully functional and practically bug free, just not yet completed). There will most certainly be more additions as I go.

1) What, you mean like cast on self and go to a specific location...? Or more like mark & recall, or any other system..?

2) So basically just a spell with visual torture effects, but little to no damage...?

3) Assuming you actually mean revive instead of reanimate, this is an easy one as well.

The simplest way;

scn 0DeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead == 0
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living)

Personal preferance;

scn 0LifeDeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead ==1
	Self.resurrect 1
	return
else
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living, resurrects the dead (animated))

Edited by GreatLucifer

1) What, you mean like cast on self and go to a specific location...? Or more like mark & recall, or any other system..?

2) So basically just a spell with visual torture effects, but little to no damage...?

3) Assuming you actually mean revive instead of reanimate, this is an easy one as well.

The simplest way;

scn 0DeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead == 0
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living)

Personal preferance;

scn 0LifeDeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead ==1
	Self.resurrect 1
	return
else
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living, resurrects the dead (animated))

Well none of them would be "cast on self"... These are to use on the prisoners! If you could replicate the spell that the weird lady in SI uses that would be nice. Include a small amount of damage or else it will be fairly useless. And I want a full on "resurrect" spell. I mean, I have a mod that does that as it is, I just want this mod to have its own. If you can, script it in to be recieved whenever the player gets the other "prison spells". Basically (as im not sure you have this mod) it is going to be necessary for anyone that works on this mod to have the mod installed, elsewise it will be nearly impossible to complete soundly.