Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

That's the problem... I noticed earlier that i actually had created a dirty mod on accident! Somehow I had loaded the CMpartner.esm while ATprison.esp was loaded and saved it, hence creating a dependency that didn't need to exist. However, it was an easy problem to fix with a little help from tes4gecko!

Here is the modified .esp, give it a try and let me know your results. This .esp should REPLACE the one included in the .rar!

http://www.mediafire...xf3w9xo4xo3crgh

Edited by kingtitan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works flawlessly

I have a few questions though:

Now that you have problems getting help from skilled programmers, are you planning on adding a lot, or just a few things before finishing it?

If so, I will make a list of suggestions, that might not be too difficult to implement. If some of it is still too hard to implement I might be able to get you into contact with someone, but no promises.

Suggestions:

Imprisonment

Imprisoning someone makes it automatically go to one of the cells in the Bowels. The script is already there, but at the moment teleports prisoners to the cell in your office. It can be adjusted to teleport prisoners to the bowels and maybe place them in random cells, so not every prisoner ends in the same cell.

This is a torture PRISON mod after all, and getting people in their cells is still a pain in the ***.

Keep the locked up (MOST IMPORTANT!)

Keeping prisoners in their cells. Now, I know what you are thinking, this is very hard to do. But, as you know I have contacted a modder who was able to do so with a very easy script, he made sure all the prisoners go back to their spawn point as soon as the player enters the area. I send the explenation to you a few months back, so you have the know-how.

The water cage

Easy because the script is already in the lava cage. you just have to copy/paste the whole thing in the water pool with the electricity torture device.

Other suggestions (hard, but I hope they will be added someday, maybe when you find someone else to help you):

Self imprisonment

Title says all, the possibility to be imprisoned, as was discussed before. A lot of imprisonment scripts are already in the game, I could point them out for you if you want.

[b]Larger barracks and humiliation[/b]

The barracks are quite small, and the guards could use some r&r now and then. What if you could please the guards, and punish your prisoners at the same time? Force (female) prisoners to dance naked in front of the guards at the barracks, or even have sex with them.

I have more but I'll wait out your response first. I really hope you find more programmers willing to help you. I sooo want this mod to have many more updates and include most of the suggestions made so far in this thread. :thumbsup:

Edited by windu190

Wait, what...?

Force (female) prisoners to dance naked in front of the guards at the barracks, or even have sex with them.

..... :psyduck:

Wait, say that again....

Force (female) prisoners to dance naked in front of the guards at the barracks, or even have sex with them.

What...? Am I misunderstanding something here, or are you requesting rape to be in the mod...?

Hey guys,

I've watched this topic for a long time, cause it might be interesting. More than "advanced dark Brotherhood" with "animated torture device", but now I think windu190 is going to the wrong direction. If you want things like this, go to Lovers victims, Lovers raperS or Lovers slave trader, on shy uploader. There is more than enough of this stuff. You must not create it. If you want it get it, but there.

Sexy dancing is another thing. There is more than one good animation and I coud imagine something like Leias dance in front of Jabba the Hutt.

Stay at normal cruel monsters and do not make any further sexual contend.

Best reguards

Harvald

Edited by Harvald

Please know that I am only making suggestions, nothing more. It's not like I try to turn this mod into a sex mod or anything.

but now I think windu190 is going to the wrong direction.

I am not going in any direction, I am just showing Kingtitan the doors, it's up to him if he wants to open them.

Wait, what...?

Don't look so suprised, a lot of mods have sexual content already. :huh: (Which is why I mentioned it in the first place, because a lot of scripts already exist so it's relatively easy to add)

Public Humilation has always been a common method of torture btw.

HOWEVER, it is clear that this suggestion isn't very populair, so just forget about it.

That's how it works people, everyone makes suggestions, some things will be intergrated into the mod, other things get thrown out. :thumbsup:

Edited by windu190

I apologize for my slowness in responding, I had a very detailed response typed out, but when i hit submit, my internet died out on me and i lost everything i had typed out! So, this is the condensed version, but still gets what across what needs to be said.

Anyway, Windu I'm not going to incorporate rape into this mod. Its an executive decision that I just don't want to go into that realm. If the mod wasn't already looked down enough upon by the general community of the nexus, that would most certainly drive it completely out. However, I do think that the dancing thing for any prisoner might be funny just to watch, so i'll consider it for a future update.

By the way guys, lets keep this thread on track. I asked the participants of this thread to give me their feedback and what they might want implemented. It is ultimately my decision what to include/ leave out of the mod, but stay reasonably polite to one another if you please. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Anywho, I have a little span of time to do some work on this, so I am going to talk to GreatLucifer about keeping the prisoners in their cells. I feel like, at present, that is one of the mod's biggest cons and needs to be fixed. I will try to work on some of the other stuff after that is fixed!

Big thanks to anyone who provided me feedback!! Your thoughts are always welcome here!

Edited by kingtitan

I'm glad, I could test it myself this time and it works pretty well, as far as I can see. I got some graphic issues while going through the new part beneath the bowels (parts disappear in darkness and appear again), but I guess, it's not a problem of the update, but one of the load order (it's currently at the end of the list) maybe or something else.

It's also my first time I had a look at the bowels, which truly look like the cell area in the other Carcernus Prison. I always liked them, so I am quite pleased. (I still use it, because I am a bad vengeful girl, that wants to take revenge on the golden saints or dark seducers for fighting me before becoming their duke/duchess and Sheogorath. I never tried to send a person from the Shivering Isle to AT's Dungeon. Maybe I should :)

There is one strange thing I noticed, don't know, where it comes from. You added the Dungeon Poses as a spell in the spell books, that's great. I've used the original one so far, where not every pose worked well for ALL persons I imprisoned. So I tried yours and there was a strange but also interesting side effect. If used on an existing Prisoner, not a NPC from outside, all other Prisoners (not the NPCs) suddenly performed the same pose, although I had used another one for them before. If I use Crucio on one prisoner, the others get crazy and want to fight, even if I am in separated cell. So the guards come and kill them. That's kind of funny but also a bit annoying, if I always have to ressurect them. Btw, I am using just this litttle but very effective spell, learned while reading this book in the mages guild of Bravil. I'm not so into using a staff. But the burning flesh is nice. I use it, when I definetly want to get rid off a prisoner :)

Concerning the poses, there is one double name for different poses. It's one of the two with the big post, not the one for hanging, just for chaining. I'll look for the correct name.

And as others have already mentioned, it would be truly great, if prisoners could stay in their cells. For now, I always had to use the Dungeon poses to keep them inside. But that's a bit bothersome, because those poses doesn't work well for all NPCs, if used, it starts to flicker sometimes. But I am not sure, why. (happens btw, with both, the original Dungeon Pose and the new one, you added as spell in the book).

All in all, let me say again, it's great, that you spend so much of your precious time for this mod. Thanks a lot, to you, to GreatLucifer as well as all others who had helped. :)

Edited by Tejarah

I am going to talk to GreatLucifer about keeping the prisoners in their cells.

Well, as I said before, someone at the Fallout 3 Nexus managed to do so and explained me how:

It's not one script in Davids Prison in FNNCQ. I used several to keep them in place. It wasn't a very elegant solution but I didn't know better as I made it. There are several factors you have to take care of. You can look at the scripts in my mod for yourself. I left a lot of comments in. I explain the principle.

Before you make such a script you should think about some rules of the NPC managment in the game:

Nothing is happening if the player isn't near. Forgetting this one can bring you in a lot of troubles. While scripting for NPCs always remind you about it.

There are several types of NPCs in the game which are managed differently by the engine. The main difference is how they execute their scripts and packages. Some of them are very slow in doing this (No low level processing) and some of them are only used for a quick fun and meant to get deleted as soon as the player leaves (Non Persistent references). I sort the nonpersistent out at the enslaving process (exploding collars, the other two regulators are a good example) itself because they cannot be controlled if they aren't in their home cell. NP ones would never make it to a prison.

NPCs respawn! That means after 3 days (in vanilla fallout) and the player isn't in the respawning cell the engine takes control of the NPC and does whatever to it (change the NPC race/sex/type, reequip, ressurect, ...). You have to react to the respawning and taking care of it. If the home cell of the NPC respawns he tries it too if he is in a respawn capable cell and the player is near. Your prison have to be a cell which doesn't allow respawns (most of the FO3 interiors are).

There is always a possibility that a quest, mod or any other script tries to take control of your NPC. You have to react to it. That's by the way the major flaw of the old FNNCQ. I didn't take care of this fact enough and some modded NPCs can take down the monolithic system I made in it. It works wonderful with the base game, but some popular mods are much more radical as Bethesda. Keep in mind that your scripts aren't alone in the game.

All prisoners have to use packages with "continue if the player is near" flag. This flag is the main solution to most of all ingame package use situations and the biggest friend of all slavers .

Now to the details:

1. The Prisoner itself

He is controlled by a scripted Token in his inventory which constantly checks if he has the correct package running and if something tries to change it my prison package is added again by the tokenscript. The package itself is a simple sandbox with a very small action radius (nothing fancy) and the continue if the player is near flag checked. If you look closely you recognize that prisoners never leave their cell even if the door is open.

2. The prison door.

Here it is where the real magic happens . As soon as the player enters the prison the captives are transported per moveto to their cell. Crude and radical but it works . If you look at the architecture you have a good few on the prisoners as soon as you enter and their script (package reminder Token) runs. Don't place the script on a door far away from the prisoners. The door has a faction check and cannot be used by the prisoner faction. This is a safety mechanism if the NPC looses the package for whatever reason (no low level processing ones that need a bit time to update their AI).

If you leave the prison through the door, all prisoners are transported per moveto in a hidden cell (a interior which never can be entered by the player). If you leave this out they would respawn as soon as the player reach the wastes (and the respawn time is reched) and you end up with a lot angry prisoners they next time you visit David or lost prisoners. Now you know why all the people who are leaving my prison per console have troubles and why I warn against console commands with my mod.

I think that's the most of it and I haven't forgotten something essential. It's not easy to keep this fellows under control, but I have a lot of fun with it. Good luck in Oblivion (the game that I have forbidden me to mod so that I have something for playing only ).

I know it's a Fallout 3 mod, but the scripts are very similair and both games have the same engine, so it might be helpfull.

Hi,

this is no suggest, but only a hint, cause I'm not a modder, but only a collector of more or less good mods.

I found a mod that solves the problem to keep the prisoners in there cells, by putting a prisoner marker in every cell and define a surrounding in which the prisoner could move. To the prisoner a item was given that stand is correlation to the marker and as long as the item is with the prisoner, they do not leave the cell on other ai orders. I know its not popular here to link there but the mod is on shy uploader and called Loversslavetrader, if you are interested to have a look.

Don't know, if this helps, but I try out :sad:

Harvald

Edited by Harvald