Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

Fort Carcernus by SurfingApe had a teleportation system somewhat like Aberwiin. ATDK already has scripting to have NPCs walk to certain locations, and occasionally includes sitting on a chair. I wouldn't call this system perfect, but it could easily serve as a starting point.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but ATDK also has a functional lava cage, which should make building the water cage a little easier.

I have successfully implemented a proper resurrection staff, based on Dante's scripting advice. Contrary to what I thought previously, it doesn't seem to affect faction affiliation.

I have an idea for fixing the wandering NPCs bug. It's sort of a brute force technique, bypassing the troublesome AI.

I think you really have some good ideas. I'll be sure to use them (or just let you implement them) when I can get back into this full on.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I just thought of something that needs to be done that can be done without me. In the arena area there is a "Fight for Freedom" command. At present I think that command is bugged and I would love it if someone would could fix it. It needs to be more like when the player goes to the arena to bet/spectate on fights. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but usually when the command is used, the prisoners start trying to attack me (even though they can't reach me) instead of fighting one another. I would like for it to be capable of hosting at least a 4 person free for all instead of just 1v1 (such as the arena). Anyone that can do this, please let me know right away.

@Deimos1313

Oh man, a fix for the wandering npc issue would be awesome!

@Kingtitan

The "Fight for Freedom" Option always worked well for me. Maybe someone can add a script that makes you invisible for the prisoners for a while,

something like the chameleon enchantment.

The FNNCQ mod for fallout 3 has a way of keeping prisoners (slaves) into their cells. I know the mod is for fallout 3 but both games are very alike and have the same engine. So the scripts for it might still be usefull.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9497

Edited by windu190

Well I guess I should clarify. I had 4 prisoners that I used the "go to arena" command. Then I used the book and chose "fight for freedom." Only one drew a sword and actually started attacking. The other three stood around causually like nothing ever happened. Granted, this was used on CM partners so that could have played a role in it, but I still want it to work for all computers and not be so limited if that makes sense. I'll continue to playtest it just to make sure. And for that we would have to get someone who is good at script conversions. Anything we can implement like that, however, will make the mod much more enjoyable.

I don't have the mod, but for anyone who's helping you that has some scripting experience, this should be an easy fix. When you choose "fight for freedom", all the prisoners that you sent to the arena should be added to a faction (eg tempfaction). This faction should have a very low disposition to anyone in the same faction (eg faction: tempfaction, disposition modifier: -1000).

Good News everyone! Phase one is nearly complete and should be up and running within the next week or so. We are just making some extra touches to the phase before we release it for re-testing. This phase is script intensive and therefore will need a good bit of testing from anyone interested. Just keep watching the thread for new updates. Thanks for your support!!

Ok first off, correction on the "script intensive" portion of my earlier post. Phase 1 is not script intensive, however most of the changes/additions made had to do with scripting (big thanks to GreatLucifer). So what I meant was that Phase 1 was more spell additions/changes than physical CS changes (although those are still to come.)

Anyway here is a complete (hopefully, assuming I can remember everything) change log:

-added "mark for transport" and "transport to mark" spells. Simply put, these spells are used in conjunction to mark a spot for transport and then to move the prisoner to that mark. Simple, but it will no doubt make things easier than making a prisoner follow you constantly.

-Incorporated "dungeon poses" mod. If you have ever used this mod, you know it was somewhat buggy, but GreatLucifer is working out the kinks to incorporate it into this mod.

-New "cage fight" spell(s). I personally won't know much about this one until I get to see it for myself in the mod.

-I'm afraid i've managed to miss some. This quote from GreatLucifer, however should give you some more details:

Than, what I did sofar;

-Touch up a few indiscrepancies in the scripts

-Made "permanent calm spell", which makes anything you cast it on stop combat and become non-agressive. They will only become mad again if you attack them.

-Made a painspell. Cast it on something, and it'll writhe in pain for a moment (SE Anim)

-Made a godspell; revives the dead, kills the living

-Made a forcespell, which flings people away from the player. The closer to the player, the stronger they'll be tossed. No max range though.... Why I made this spell? Because it's fun. Leave it in, take it out, whatever floats your boat.

-Incorporated all these into your book which adds & removes them

Bear in mind, the "godspell" has replaced the "revive" enchantment on the staff of eternal pain to make it more realistic and useful. To the best of my knowledge, it is not one that you will receive with the others by reading the book.

If I remember anything else, I will post them to the thread.

As soon as this is ready however, I will need testers to run through it extensively to we can proceed into the next phase. Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by kingtitan

Sounds great! However, what exactly do you mean by "incorperating the Dungeon Pose mod"?

You just added the mod so that you can use it the same way as you would use it without ATdungeon Keeper, or the dungeon pose mod serves another purpose? (punishment maybe?)