Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

About the "At ease" option:

I tested the spell on the original npc's of the game itself (on purpose) and the original prisoners from the mod.

However, I am a modden character myself. I character is from a race called Cute Elves, which is a mod I downloaded from Tesnexus.

About the Crucio spell:

If it has an animation then it does not work for me. They shout/moan when I use Crucio but don't move at all, immediately after that they attack me and yell things like "Guards!" or "Help! I'm being attacked!".

However, I have 2 copies of oblivion installed on my pc. The retail version, which has a lot of mods but no dlc (This is the one I am testing AT on) and the Steam version, which has no mods at all, but all the DLC's and plugins. (I'd like to play both vanilla and modded oblivion so)

EDIT:

Earlier in this thread I asked about the possibility to get imprisoned yourself, but it was a hard thing to do so unless someone had the "Know how" it couldn't be done. Well, I might know how this can be done! In fact, most scripts are already in the game.

Things you can do:

1) The game already has a script to send you to prison after you have commited a crime (if you choose to). Maybe you (or someone else) alter the script to teleport you to a prison cell in the ATdungeon instead of the normal prison.

2) In the last main quest of the game (The one inside Paradise) you have to take the role of a prisoner (only for a minute or so) and a guard tells you to get into a lava cage and the cage lowers as soon as you step in it. Maybe this could be of some use.

3) This mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33771 Also uses an alternate prison (even execution). I'm sure there are a lot of usefull scripts in there.

I hope you can use any of this, the possibility to be imprisoned would be so awesome.

EDIT EDIT:

THIS IS A BIG ONE! I might have a solution to the "keep prisoners in cells" issue. I've had a talk with the author of the Fallout 3 slavery mod, which was the only one to overcome this problem (as far as I know). He shared the solution with me. It's quite a bit of text, but very usefull. Should I PM it to you Kingtitan? Or Greatlucifer?

PS. I know it is a Fallout 3 mod, but the scripts are very alike and both games use the same engine. The scripts should work in Oblivion after some minor adjustments.

Edited by windu190

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, my bad... been rather busy lately.

Let me go at this point by point;

About the Crucio spell:

If it has an animation then it does not work for me. They shout/moan when I use Crucio but don't move at all, immediately after that they attack me and yell things like "Guards!" or "Help! I'm being attacked!".

It works for me, and KingTitan as far as I know. I'm sorry to have to say this, but seeing as I use no mods myself, I have no intent of making things compatible. If we open that door, there will no end to it.

I suggest you try it without all the mods first; see if that works.

Earlier in this thread I asked about the possibility to get imprisoned yourself, but it was a hard thing to do so unless someone had the "Know how" it couldn't be done. Well, I might know how this can be done! In fact, most scripts are already in the game.

Frankly, it's not that hard at all. As you said, a lot of the content is already there. Does not mean it is not a lot of work.

THIS IS A BIG ONE! I might have a solution to the "keep prisoners in cells" issue. I've had a talk with the author of the Fallout 3 slavery mod, which was the only one to overcome this problem (as far as I know). He shared the solution with me. It's quite a bit of text, but very usefull. Should I PM it to you Kingtitan? Or Greatlucifer?

Sorry, but I feel compelled to get back to my earlier point. I use no mods, and so tested this mod with only this mod activated. And I have no such issue... the prisoners stay in their cells, at ease, animations, it all works.

Only thing that doesn't really work, is when you execute someone in one of the three lethal manners (hang, hang, and crucify), they sometimes get stuck in a wrong facing. Problem here is, that the game tries to keep headtracking to the last second, and therefore sometimes twists the upperbody in such a manner, that when they get frozen (after about two seconds, to make sure they can't be moved) they look odd and might clip (worst by far with the cross).

I have found no solution for this however.

I was going to reply to this earlier today but the internet shut off and I had to restart my computer, losing my reply. I am however glad greatlucifer replied ahead of me as I can build on most of his points. For the crucio spell, make sure you have SI installed, as that could be your problem. The animation file comes directly from SI. For the "crucify" execution choice, I found out that standing behind the prisoner and casting the spell works efficiently without any clipping. Give it a go and let me know if it works for you.

I guess in all honesty, I want the self imprisonment to be the next big update. I think it would add a good bit of immersion to the mod, instead of just being the dungeon keeper. Of course, like greatlucifer said, it would be a good bit of work and would also take a good bit of creativity and ingenuity. I think it can be done and hopefully it will make up the consistency of the next update. Of course, a big circumstance around that is going to be when greatlucifer has time to give to developing such. But I do hope that idea is what we can release next. If anyone has any creative ideas or such concerning "self imprisonment" share your thoughts on the thread!

Note to people; Requires SI

That is indeed a "Must know", forget I mentioned the issue.

Sorry, but I feel compelled to get back to my earlier point. I use no mods, and so tested this mod with only this mod activated. And I have no such issue... the prisoners stay in their cells, at ease, animations, it all works.

I never said you should use the Slavery mod itself (or at all, I'm just supplying information and suggestions), but some of the scripts in it. Right now the only way to put prisoners in their cells is by teleporting them. However, after leaving and returning into the area, NPC's wander outside of their cells. That's not a bug, that's just how the game works. But there are some pretty easy ways to make them stay in their cells.

Of course, like greatlucifer said, it would be a good bit of work and would also take a good bit of creativity and ingenuity.

True, I will look for more usefull information regarding this matter. At the moment, the information in my previous post is the best I could find.

EDIT:

If anyone has any creative ideas or such concerning "self imprisonment" share your thoughts on the thread!

Stupid me, immediately after I posted I remembered there was a mod in Fallout 3 where you get enslaved and imprisoned.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7174

Again, I'm NOT saying you should use the mod itself, but some of the scripts in it might be usefull.

Edited by windu190

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't really had time to work on it much, I apologize. When i start working again tho, I will need a good scripter, and i have no idea how busy great lucifer is. Also, I want to know if there is any good obse functions that can be employed to make this more immersive. For the next phase tho, I would love for someone to help me employ a legitimate "self-imprisonment" system; for instance when any guard catches you after a crime, beyond the normal three choices, you could have the choice to go to the AT prison to be a prisoner. From there on tho I need good ideas to make that system immersive instead of simply standing in a cell and sleeping to be released. If you have any ideas put em in the thread!

Well, as I said before I've asked the author of the FNNCQ mod how he managed to keep prisoners in their cells, and he responded so I can help you with that. Or at least tell you what he told me.

Since several people can benefit from this I will post it here:

It's not one script in Davids Prison in FNNCQ. I used several to keep them in place. It wasn't a very elegant solution but I didn't know better as I made it. There are several factors you have to take care of. You can look at the scripts in my mod for yourself. I left a lot of comments in. I explain the principle.

Before you make such a script you should think about some rules of the NPC managment in the game:

Nothing is happening if the player isn't near. Forgetting this one can bring you in a lot of troubles. While scripting for NPCs always remind you about it.

There are several types of NPCs in the game which are managed differently by the engine. The main difference is how they execute their scripts and packages. Some of them are very slow in doing this (No low level processing) and some of them are only used for a quick fun and meant to get deleted as soon as the player leaves (Non Persistent references). I sort the nonpersistent out at the enslaving process (exploding collars, the other two regulators are a good example) itself because they cannot be controlled if they aren't in their home cell. NP ones would never make it to a prison.

NPCs respawn! That means after 3 days (in vanilla fallout) and the player isn't in the respawning cell the engine takes control of the NPC and does whatever to it (change the NPC race/sex/type, reequip, ressurect, ...). You have to react to the respawning and taking care of it. If the home cell of the NPC respawns he tries it too if he is in a respawn capable cell and the player is near. Your prison have to be a cell which doesn't allow respawns (most of the FO3 interiors are).

There is always a possibility that a quest, mod or any other script tries to take control of your NPC. You have to react to it. That's by the way the major flaw of the old FNNCQ. I didn't take care of this fact enough and some modded NPCs can take down the monolithic system I made in it. It works wonderful with the base game, but some popular mods are much more radical as Bethesda. Keep in mind that your scripts aren't alone in the game.

All prisoners have to use packages with "continue if the player is near" flag. This flag is the main solution to most of all ingame package use situations and the biggest friend of all slavers .

Now to the details:

1. The Prisoner itself

He is controlled by a scripted Token in his inventory which constantly checks if he has the correct package running and if something tries to change it my prison package is added again by the tokenscript. The package itself is a simple sandbox with a very small action radius (nothing fancy) and the continue if the player is near flag checked. If you look closely you recognize that prisoners never leave their cell even if the door is open.

2. The prison door.

Here it is where the real magic happens . As soon as the player enters the prison the captives are transported per moveto to their cell. Crude and radical but it works . If you look at the architecture you have a good few on the prisoners as soon as you enter and their script (package reminder Token) runs. Don't place the script on a door far away from the prisoners. The door has a faction check and cannot be used by the prisoner faction. This is a safety mechanism if the NPC looses the package for whatever reason (no low level processing ones that need a bit time to update their AI).

If you leave the prison through the door, all prisoners are transported per moveto in a hidden cell (a interior which never can be entered by the player). If you leave this out they would respawn as soon as the player reach the wastes (and the respawn time is reched) and you end up with a lot angry prisoners they next time you visit David or lost prisoners. Now you know why all the people who are leaving my prison per console have troubles and why I warn against console commands with my mod.

I think that's the most of it and I haven't forgotten something essential. It's not easy to keep this fellows under control, but I have a lot of fun with it. Good luck in Oblivion (the game that I have forbidden me to mod so that I have something for playing only ).

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry everyone, you wouldn't believe how busy i've been lately! I really would like to keep working on this mod, and windu, I really like your idea. I will talk to greatlucifer soon and see if he is able and willing to start working again on the mod.