Weird fallout 4 CTD on character but not another

lastpipboy

There is probably an issue with an installed mod which only affects female characters like a custom body, hair or armor meshes. Your load order could also be incorrect.

When in doubt, try a vanilla load, loading with no mods activated. If it still CTDs then it may be incorrectly installed files in your data folder (meshes, textures etc). You should also try using LOOT to adjust your load order.

There is probably an issue with an installed mod which only affects female characters like a custom body, hair or armor meshes. Your load order could also be incorrect.

When in doubt, try a vanilla load, loading with no mods activated. If it still CTDs then it may be incorrectly installed files in your data folder (meshes, textures etc). You should also try using LOOT to adjust your load order.

If that's the case, wouldn't it CTD the second he got within load distance of a female NPC in his male save?

• 1 month later...

Having the exact same issue. Disabling female-only mods did not resolve the issue; oddly enough, however, disabling all plugins causes female save games to work just fine. I'll be trying to look into this further and attempt to come back with an answer.

Edit: I've been reactivating my plugins one-by-one in an attempt to single out which ones are causing the CTD. Strangely, I found that the "No Fusion Core Drain.esp" crashes your game during the load screen. However, I'm still trying to find the one that causes an instant CTD upon load.

Scratch that. It seems certain .esp files crash the game no matter what. It could be due to a certain file it edits, or an invisible plugin limit. Irregardless, it is mind boggling why this issue is exclusive to female save games.

Edited by Guest