Deadly Reflex 6 - No prompt to select combat command keys.

Hazencruz

I realize that this must be a common issue, and that someone must have posted it here before (though I couldn't sort through all the deadly reflex threads), but I have Deadly Reflexes 6 loaded and I can't get it to prompt me to set my combat keys (bash, dodge, throw, etc.). I have tried clicking the hourglass in the items menu and nothing happens.

The deadly reflex plugins I'm using are:

-HorseCombatMaster.esm

-Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed block and 150% damage.esp

-DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp

-SM_DeadlyReflex.esp

-Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp

All loaded with BOSS and extracted with OMOD scripts.

I really want to play with the new combat moves, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them working. I know this mod has worked for many others and I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

It's not suppose to prompt you in DR6, even though the code is still there. All the keys are now defined in DeadlyReflexINI.txt, edit that if you want to change the defaults. While you're there, might as well change scc.giveDrResetItem to 0, that disables the reset token which doesn't seem to work, as you've discovered, and also gets rid of the defunct prompt code.

Last note, the kicks and critical moves etc. have skill requirements before you can use them, be sure to check the readme for details.

It's not suppose to prompt you in DR6, even though the code is still there. All the keys are now defined in DeadlyReflexINI.txt, edit that if you want to change the defaults. While you're there, might as well change scc.giveDrResetItem to 0, that disables the reset token which doesn't seem to work, as you've discovered, and also gets rid of the defunct prompt code.

Last note, the kicks and critical moves etc. have skill requirements before you can use them, be sure to check the readme for details.

This was very helpful, thank you. I did not realize DR6 did not prompt you to set the buttons...was that in the readme?

I just got back into oblivion when the skyrim trailers came out, as I imagine many did, so I remember DR5 more than any other version. :o)

Thanks again!

This was very helpful, thank you. I did not realize DR6 did not prompt you to set the buttons...was that in the readme?

Kinda:

9. Configure Deadly Reflex using the INI file: Oblivion\data\INI\DeadlyReflex\DeadlyReflex.txt

Skycaptain also mentioned the legacy code isn't meant to be there any more on the bethsoft forums. Anyway, DR6 has some minor quirks, feel free to post at the official thread if you need anything. :)