pre-ordering Skyrim

3WINTERS

Is pre-ordering already available in your country? It seems a bit early but apparently here in Australia you can. Infact the major game store chain Electronics Botique is running a competition that when you pre-order between the 30th of May to the 31st of July, you go in the running to win a 7 foot statue of the dragonborne represented in the screenshots and demos. Does it seem too early? I want to jump on the pre-order bandwagon early but I haven't heard any news of collectors or premium etc editions that would make reserving a copy of Skyrim ahead of time worth it. Or am I missing out on some info?

I am leery of pre ordering more than a week or two in advance - look how many people got burned pre ordering Duke Nukem years ago. Most of them are SOL as either the place they pre ordered from has closed or they cannot find a 9 year old receipt to prove they actually ordered it.

Right now, the release is highly probable. But who knows what can happen between now and the actual release - such as the unlikely chances that Bethsoft will go out of business, a government agency will force them to not release it, a fanatical blue nose group will gain control of Bethsoft by buying up 51% of the stock and cancel the game because they claim it is evil- all very low probabilities, but Who knows.

yeah I'm too afraid of my abilities to keep my reciept safe just for these 5 months, but I won't wait too close to the end, I already missed out on a special edition of Fallout NV because I waited too long... Hopefully no more than a month before will suffice this time

But who knows what can happen between now and the actual release - such as the unlikely chances that Bethsoft will go out of business, a government agency will force them to not release it, a fanatical blue nose group will gain control of Bethsoft by buying up 51% of the stock and cancel the game because they claim it is evil- all very low probabilities, but Who knows.

Nuclear amargeddon, alien invasion, a small, centeralised tornado hitting their HQ, who knows?

:P

I have to agree, pre-ordering this far away from release isn't really worth it, unless they're offering something fantastic.

And on the topic of pre-ordering, a word of warning: quite a few videogame stores will sell your reserved copy if they run out of their own stock. :dry: I've worked at two game companies and both did this..