[WIP] TES4: Vvardenfell

Dave_91

Hi everyone, and welcome to TES4: Vvardenfell. I'm not very active on the GamingSource forums very much, but you can find me, as well as the other team members either at TESForums, or at the Silgrad Tower forums (links below). We recently released a thread over at the Elder Scrolls official forums regarding the mod, and we've recieved great interest and comments so far. We're looking for as much help as we can get with this, so if you'd like to help us bring Morrowind into Oblivion, feel free to pop in our forums (link below) or drop me a PM and I'll get in contact. I hope everyone here enjoys our progress (bearing in mind some of the screens need updating)!

Link to BS Forum post:

Click

* this will be updated as time goes by, or, if necessary, a fresh thread created - stay tuned

* periodically announcements and pictures will be displayed, esp. as claims near completion

* We're here to answer questions and receive suggestions, let's keep it respectful but productive

TES4: Vvardenfell

Affiliated with Silgrad Tower and Beyond Cyrodiil

I. Basic Agenda of the Mod

• To recreate Vvardenfell, the land we know and love, 6 years since the Nerevarine's arrival, based on old and new concept art as well as new events

• Storyline involving war between three Great Houses and foreigners, wrapping up the story of the Dagoths and the reformation of the Temple, and finishing Vivec's legacy involving him in his latter days and his age-old enemies

• Recreation of many of the old memorable characters and a continued exploration of their personalities and lives on a local level.

• Improved and interesting quests on all levels of complexity, TES3's we admittedly often boring

• Special Gameplay including combat while mounted on guar, owning a live realistic business in Vivec City, the management of a Great House holding (improved version of TES3's), active role in politics, and much more

II. Introduction

"Ah, we've been expecting you, now you'll have to be recorded before you are officially released, there are a few ways we can do this and the choice is yours..."

• I'm sure many of you have heard that so much in the past it's not funny. But how would you like to see, in-game, the world of TES3 Morrowind (Vvardenfell) after six years, based on old concept art and new, and in Oblivion?! Yes, the volcanic island of Vvardenfell, the epitome of harsh environment and survival of the fittest, is being made by a dedicated mod-team, TES4 Vvardenfell, and will give you just that when it is complete.

Vvardenfell, six years since the coming of the Nerevarine, is in turmoil. Since the Nerevarine left for Akavir, the brief peace has left the land. The Fall of Ald-ruhn has the Redoran desperately but aggressively defending their own and competing for Vvardenfell's resources. While both Redoran and Telvanni have held off the Daedric invasions, the Hlaalu have done nothing except defend their own holdings. The Redoran grow to have a new respect for the Telvanni, being led by their cunning new leader, Master Aryon. The Mages-Telvanni conflict has deepened, and Nords are attacking from the north and have taken the Sheogorad Isles. To make matters worse, King Helseth's rule is unpopular with both Redoran and Telvanni, while Imperial Guilds, Legions, as well as Hlaalu all favor the new usurper-king. Thus the rift widens and tension builds. The Grand Council is arguing daily, about the Redoran Sarethi's birthright to Caldera lands, about the state of recently freed slaves, about the right for Indoril refugees to settle Vvardenfell...

And behind all this, the Temple is in decline. Vivec has not been heard from since the departure of the Nerevarine. There are rumors of folk gathering at Kogoruhn and Barysimayn, welcoming all the poor and war-weary. Ordinators are growing disillusioned by recent events and perhaps the higher-ups know of Almalexia's death; either way they are no longer under Vivec's control. Some say he has been taken by Daedra. Others say he has been slain. But most believe he is still silently watching, as the guardian and Lord of Morrowind. However his enemies are at work. The cults of the House of Troubles are growing, the Dreugh multiplying, and his old enemy, Molag Bal will not give up the chance to strike at his nemesis.

III. What has been Done

• Landmass
  • Maar Gan
  • Khuul
  • Ald Velothi
  • Balmora
  • Hla Oad
  • Gnaar Mok

IV: TES4: Vvardenfell Team

• Core:
    KuKulzA (Mod leader)
    Hector the Hooded
    Dave_91
    (Ebonyknight)

• Heightmap Management:
    Lightwave

V: Links

http://www.vvardenfell.org/ -The official website of the TES4: Vvardenfell mod for Oblivion
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=41 -The official forums of the TES4: Vvardenfell mod for Oblivion
http://www.oblivion.silgrad.com/ -The official website of the Silgrad Tower mod for Oblivion
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/index.php?sid= -The official forums of the Silgrad Tower mod for Oblivion
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=59 -Other Beyond Cyrodiil forums and projects

Feel free to visit the links and drop by the forums if you want to help out! :happy:

Screenshots (11/07/07)

Here's a few screenshots of our progress:

Landmass (By: Lightwave)

|1|

|2|

|3|

|4|

|5|

|6|

|7|

|8|

|9|

|10|

|11|

|12|

|13|

Ebonheart (By: cire992)

An early layout of Ebonheart on our landmass made by cire992. Unfortunately, cire encountered an issue with the CS whilst making the exterior and his progress was deleted/made unusable, though he was determined to get progress back up and running and started again. In doing so, he has produced an even better exterior to the one he made beforehand, though he admits to not having enough done yet to show screenshots (exciting stuff though!), so here are a few screens of his Ebonheart before he started again. (Still looks great IMO!)

|1|

|2|

|3|

|4|

Hla Oad (By Dave_91)

|1|

|2|

|3|

|4|

|5|

|6|

|7|

The exterior is done, as are three interiors, all that needs doing are a few of the shacks. Plenty of work is still needed with this though. If you're interested in helping, check out our claims thread for Hla Oad to claim an interior!

Balmora (By: Dave_91)

|1|

|2|

|3|

|4|

|5|

This is a VERY EARLY layout of our Balmora (only a few screens). We're using Silgrad Tower's assets to build with, and this is looking pretty good so far. One side of the river is now complete (exterior buildings), and work has started on the other side. What's new with this town, is a Balmora dock further down the river, Velothi farmhouses in the hills behind the town (behind old Caius' house), and a LOT more. As Balmora, being the second largest city in Vvardenfell, it will see a lot of transformation from TES3's, although the town will be the same, just with added buildings and better visual quality and effects. Again, extensive work is still needed with this. If you're interested in helping, check out our claims thread for Hla Oad to claim an interior!

Gnaar Mok (By: BoneLord)

|1|

|2|

|3|

Maar Gan (By: Dave_91)

|1|

|2|

|3|

|4|

|5|

|6|

|7|

|8|

This is where I've spent most of my time when working with the team, and I've really enjoyed making it. Pretty much everything is done both interior and exterior wise. NPC's have the basic dialogue, full AI etc. all that's needed is quests, then touch ups with NPC clothing/armours, and better exterior rocks and plants when we get the proper Ashland assets.

Other

|1|

This is a map I made for the mod. I made it a while ago using a map provided by Lightwave, then edited it in Photoshop. It needs touching up (notice a grammar error in 'The Inner Sea'), but otherwise, this is complete and ready for use if we decide to use it for the world map.

I've seen this there. Good luck with the mod. Can't wait to see this released!
Thanks! I just hope we can get it done! :happy: We've a few wonderfully dedicated members helping out though, which is excellent. Working 'hand in hand' with Silgrad Tower is great too, I've definitely learned a thing or two helping out with claims for the ST team.

I've seen this there. Good luck with the mod. Can't wait to see this released!
Thanks! I just hope we can get it done! :happy: We've a few wonderfully dedicated members helping out though, which is excellent. Working 'hand in hand' with Silgrad Tower is great too, I've definitely learned a thing or two helping out with claims for the ST team.

Morrowind was...wait, still is...my favorite game, so if there's any way I can help out, I'd be glad to. I've got several mod projects that I have to work on already, but if I find free time, I'll go to you!

I put the Morrowind music on a CD and everytime I listen to it...I BURST INTO TEARS!!!

Yeah I know what you mean, definitely my favorite game too, that's why modding and brining it to Oblivion is so fun, because we're all Morrowind fans, and we're (in a way), re-making ouf favorite game, with a few little changes here and there. It's going to be interesting. :)

Morrowind was...wait, still is...my favorite game, so if there's any way I can help out, I'd be glad to. I've got several mod projects that I have to work on already, but if I find free time, I'll go to you!
Even popping into the forums now again would be brilliant, making a few posts. I mean, although the fact that we can base most of the modding from Morrowind anyway, there are still lots of quests and things that need ideas from others to keep them mixed, know what I mean. But helping out would be brilliant, should you find time. There's no hurry of course, there'll probably be something to do more or less whenever you're considering helping out. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, if I knew anything about modding for TESIV then I would pitch in too, man this is going to be a great mod!

Question: Is this going to be an on-going project, or are you eventually going to finish it? I mean, I know at this point there is still lots of work to do, but will there be a stopping point? Sometimes mods just keep growing.

Archived