Marlena/Bandits

Ok folks I went did part of the Marlena quest where I had to go into the cave and find out what happen to them guys. After searching through the whole cave Came across an area in the far back where you can climb a ladder. Than you need can go up another one but it won't let you cause it's locked. Went all the way back out of the cave and covered Marlena's rear and she had me meet her at the Falls. She ended up betraying geralt and I kicked their arses. No I'm suppose to find Marlena but she's no where to be found.

Did the neckkers and Endeckers quest and collected for them I also did Troll Troouble Didn't kill the troll but I did kill Dmitiri and his goons. On Dmitir I found:

1. Bandits Hide out Key

2. Dmitri's letter of Safe passage

3. Report for Thaler

Now after reading the last two items no journal entries were made. Went back to see Lorden or whatever his name is where you had to disable the Ballista found out nothing via him. Went back into the cave for which was part of the Marlena quest and the key didn't work that door way in the back like I thought that it might.

So I have these 3 items and don't know what the heck to do with them. Can't find Marlena to confront her; there is nothing mentioned about any Bandits hideout. Also I've only found 1 part of the trap to kill the Kayran. Now I did in fact find a cave area underneath the water fall but I didn't investigate it.

Questions for which I've got is where is the Bandits hide out for which this key works? And can I investigate the cave underneath the waterfall without messing up a future quest down the line? Also where else can I get parts for the Kayran trap?

Thanks again in advance for any and all help.

John

You can find Marlena at the burned out mental hospital area...topside and not in the hospital itself . Like you on my 1st play i didn`t know where to find her and had given up on it ...but luckily i hadn`t done the hospital quest yet and that`s how i found her .

I think that by finding Dmitri`s letter of passage and Thaler`s report is ways of connecting the First Witcher game to the second .

As far as the bandit`s hideout ..you access it from the forest and can`t tell you exactly where but i know you cross the river and go up what appears to be a fallen bridge and go to the right a little ways and then go straight into a swamp area...be prepared though more bandits and drowners await . You might check your map for areas that you haven`t explored yet . You should see an elf or two that have been hung . Nice lootables in the area so if your close to your maximum weight you might want to shed some before going there . Press the Z key often to find places of power and lootables > if you haven`t figured it out yet when your moving and hear a metallic whoosh sound and see your medallion go kinda funky that means your close to a place of power .

Tommy Found them both. As for Marlena I did do the hospital but I didn't fully check all areas in the immediate area which was my mistake. I know better than to leave no stone un turned in these games.<G>

As for the Bandits I did finally figure out how to get across the River even though the bridge was out. Thought that area wasn't accessable til the Troll got the bridge repaired.

Tommy Found them both. As for Marlena I did do the hospital but I didn't fully check all areas in the immediate area which was my mistake. I know better than to leave no stone un turned in these games.<G>

As for the Bandits I did finally figure out how to get across the River even though the bridge was out. Thought that area wasn't accessable til the Troll got the bridge repaired.

HUH? The troll never repaired the bridge in my game, and I still got to the hideout, wade further up the river and you come to some sloping masonry that you can climb to get to the swamp area.

HUH? The troll never repaired the bridge in my game, and I still got to the hideout, wade further up the river and you come to some sloping masonry that you can climb to get to the swamp area.

Your right and he's still not repaired that bridge. If you go back and re-read what I had posted though. I Thought that I would have to wait til the bridge was repaired. At the time I didn't know you could get across without the bridge being repaired. That was until I did some more exploring and checking things out on my own.