iNumberActorsGoThroughLoadDoorInCombat

I took out my purgecellbuffer mod and set iNumberActorsGoThroughLoadDoorInCombat to 10. Default was 2. I still don't seem to get more than 1 or 2 npcs to follow me out of a dungeon door during combat, though.

I took out my purgecellbuffer mod and set iNumberActorsGoThroughLoadDoorInCombat to 10. Default was 2. I still don't seem to get more than 1 or 2 npcs to follow me out of a dungeon door during combat, though.

I'm not sure this setting was ever working right. NPCs moving through doors has always been unrelaible due to how NPC AI works. Generally, AI will only move between spaces if they are in high processing mode or are in the process of following you and are fairly close to the door when you try to transition.

From what I've seen, there is no limitation on the number of following actors, they just have to have their AI setup right... which in the case of nearly all dungeon spawns, they aren't.

That's kind of what I suspected/was afraid of.

Edit: It annoys me no end though when I maneuver out of that cramped hallway with a bow user by going through a door and half the low level processing leveled list dummies don't follow O.o. Oh well, at least some mobs follow; that's still an improvement over Morrowind.

Edited by mojodajojo

Edit: It annoys me no end though when I maneuver out of that cramped hallway with a bow user by going through a door and half the low level processing leveled list dummies don't follow O.o. Oh well, at least some mobs follow; that's still an improvement over Morrowind.

Did you check that http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetSceneIsComplex and particularly the "see also" part?

Depending on the situation, you can try to run a script updating that... Either in your mod or on an object you carry, see what effect it has...

Did you check that http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetSceneIsComplex and particularly the "see also" part?

Depending on the situation, you can try to run a script updating that... Either in your mod or on an object you carry, see what effect it has...

The scene complex stuff, from what I have seen only applies to the battle for Bruma and the finale. It never gets triggered automatically and actually ends up throwing the AI into an even lower processing mode than normal, which in this case is the reverse of is needed to make things work.

The reason why low processing NPCs are such a problem is because they stop processing just about everything the moment they leave the active area. Even something like attaching an AoE scripted spell on the inside doors to hit all the NPCs within 40 yards and move them to the outside before moving the player would likely fail because of the way the game handles teleporting NPCs from an active area to an inactive one, even if the fact that it stopped combat wasn't a big concern.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen, there is no limitation on the number of following actors, they just have to have their AI setup right... which in the case of nearly all dungeon spawns, they aren't.

Yup there is, hence the "You have too many followers" message top left of your screen (got it in part of my mod recently so I'm certain but can't tell what number it is".

To Mojodajojo:

Seems like your problem has no solution sadly. You were wondering out of curiosity or you were trying to achieve something special in your mod?

I just wanted to "fix" what I saw as an issue in my game. I'm silly to sit in cramped hallways and fight multiple mobs as a ranged fighter. However, when I go through a load door I lose half the mobs following me, which makes a simple tactical decision into a semi-exploit. Edited by mojodajojo