Swamp animals?

GreatLucifer

Hey people

I've been wanting to make a swamp, but I find I'm severely lacking resources.

What I found sofar, are the shivering isles roots (scaled down), havoked roots, those tree stumps, and some misc things like the lilypad and the miscfireflies.

What I would really like, is (in order of importance);

-Frogs ( ! )

-Mangrove trees (with the roots and all, so actual meshes)

-Dragonflies (like the moths, fireflies, and butterflies)

-Snakes

-Any form of suggestions.

Now I am not really sure if any of this is already available... I looked, but could find nothing.

If anyone knows anything swamp-like, be it vanilla or not, please let me know.

Of there are no frogs yet, I would atleast like to request those. Where is a swamp without frogs, and how could they have been overlooked so far...?

Thank you,

Lucifer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alonso

Thanks man, that really helps.

@LordFrostCraig

Indeed. I'll start looking for sound effects as well than.

I just looked... It turns out I can't really find a model of a frog, because they all cost money o_O

Some models appearantly cost up to twohundred dollars...

There wouldn't happen to be someone around here with a frog model lying around, huh...?

The only free one I can find is a torrent with no seeds, no luck there either.

And yeah, some anatomy models pop up as well, but there are chargig model sites too...

I was searching for frog model, frog 3d, frog nif, frog obj, those kind of terms. Can't really find one. So if you found something, be it strange or whatever, please do share.

Examples;

I will in the meantime keep searching, and start searching for sound effects as well. There are also appearantly 3 vanilla sounds for this, btw.

If, in the meantime, there are any other swampsuggestions, I'd love to hear. I'm sure some of you have made a swamp before... what makes a swamp really a swamp? What did / would you use?

Thanks sofar,

Lucifer

Croc? Just stand a daedroth in the water so only the top half of its head shows :)

More usefully, if you check the old Morrowind mods, there was a mod which gave enhanced swamp sounds. Contact the modder and ask if you can port his resource over?