Console and mods don't work on vista

Ursanclaw

Hiya all, I've got a little problem concerning morrowind

For some reason, no self-made mod works on my vista laptop, though I can select them in the data files. Master files do seem to work.

Furthermore, the ~ key doesn't work.

The game and mods work perfectly on my brother's laptop (windows 7) and my stone-age XP desktop

Any help or tips are welcome

Edit: apparantly the mod-problem lies with my Construction Set; it doesn't save .ESP files in my data files, even though I can choose them in the data-files section at start-up. My laptop also doesn't seem to recognise the .ESP suffix, as downloaded plug-ins don't work either

Edited by Ursanclaw

I run Vista on my desktop. The path for my Morrowind is C:\Program Files\Bathesda Softworks\Oblivion (default install) and I don't have any issues with console or mods. Contruction set is in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\ as well and it works fine. What did you choose when the installer prompted you as te CD installed?

It's just that the usual word is not to install to the default location with Vista or Windows 7. I tend to install to C\Games\BethesdaSoftworks\Morrowind (or Oblivion, or Fallout 3), and I have Vista on my desktop and Windows 7 on the laptop.

It's just that the usual word is not to install to the default location with Vista or Windows 7. I tend to install to C\Games\BethesdaSoftworks\Morrowind (or Oblivion, or Fallout 3), and I have Vista on my desktop and Windows 7 on the laptop.

When I first "upgraded" (not sure vistas is an upgrade from anything) to vistas I learned the hard way to never install anything you might want to altar in any fashion to program files. At any rate I seem to recall hearing that the closer to C you install the better the performance. So what Ginnyfizz does is probably right on the money.