Please help! Crash at title page

vorrec

• 4 months later...

I am actually having the exact same problem. I downloaded the game for my mac via torrent. The game worked flawlessly for me for literally months. I open it up today for the first time in about a month and I get the same error. I really don't want to have to reinstall the game since I had already beaten the game and become head of all the guilds. (Gods help me if I have to work through the Mages Guild again) If I run it through Wine, it works fine. But it's only when I run it directly that I get this problem. Please, I would like a little help. =(

Pirates get banned here on the spot.

Buddah

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem. At first i tried deleting Oblivion and installing it again, to no avail unfortunately. I then searched my mac to see if there were other Oblivion related files that didn't get deleted when you uninstall Oblivion, and i found a folder in the Preference folder: "MAC HD/Users/*My Username*/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Folder".

I then tried to uninstall Oblivon AND delete this "Oblivion Preferences" folder, and when i installed Oblivion again, no problem occured when starting the game.

Hope this'll help other lost souls