ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Moving Projectile Origin - projectile node only moves muzzle flash

th1nk

I've posted this elsewhere so I hope it's okay to repost here in the hope more people might see it, anyway:

Can anyone tell me if there's some trick with projectile origins in fallout 4? Moving the projectile node isn't working (it moves the muzzle flash but not the projectile origin).

I'm working on a mod to add buildable eyebots to automatron, and I've got most of it sorted, but I can't get the projectile origin to move from the floor. I had to move the skeleton up in the nif to get the eyebot itself off the floor (I've used both the regular skeleton and a modified mesh with the skeleton and skin combined), and the skeleton includes a projectile node that isn't on the floor. I've used weapons based on the original without the dummyweapon.nif (which adds another projectile node), ones with dummyweapon, and ones with the projectile node in the eyebot skeleton removed. No dice.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? This is the last major stumbling block for this mod and I'd love to get it sorted asap.

Solved it - Equip Type shenanigans in the weapon and race records rather than a .nif thing. Duh. Changed equip type to 'OTHER', added an OTHER entry to the race equip slots and added the name of the node I wanted it to sit at as the ZNAM. Not sure all of it is necessary, but it works.

My problem was down to using a different race and some other stuff, basically, rather than just a generic thing with a weapon. If you haven't already, try moving the ProjectileNode in the .nif in NifSkope.

In my case, it was trying to equip the weapon to the Left Hand slot, probably due to how automatron handles race changes and default stuff for constructed robots (or maybe I'm just dumb). While the mesh was going to the right node (due to nif stuff I'm pretty sure), as Eyebots don't have a left hand, the projectile origin stuck on the floor (not sure if that's because that's where eyebots sit if done like I did without raising the skeleton nif, or if it's just a default position (I'd assume it's model origin or something like that but really, I've got no idea).

... Don't know if any of that helps you at all. Hopefully so.