Updates on my scifi level assets.

Deadspine

Keep the screenies coming! I'm looking forward to seeing some tiling/texturing in action. So far things look promising. Do you have any idea how these assets are to fit into the wasteland? For people to use them they will need a point at which they can 'connect' to the current game world, whether it be physically or through story.

Yes! It will be through a quick story. I don't really have that entirely laid out yet, but it isn't too complicated, and will fit into the game world to some degree:

The rough version:

You walk into an underground bunker.

Bunker leads to the launch platform for a space vessel.

Space Vessel will provide a "portal door" to another cell, which leads to the destination; "In a galaxy far, far away..." ;D

The conflict will be presented to you upon arrival at some space station... And then you'll be off to complete a lengthy mission or two.

I'm choosing to take things off-planet for many reasons. One of the most convenient ones... it won't take up hardly any room in the wilderness, thus reducing conflicts with other mods. And because it just gives me a lot of creative freedom, especially with things that probably wouldn't make sense if I kept everything grounded to the wasteland. The mod will introduce entirely new weapons, enemies, clothing, and items to the game world as well.

Currently still dealing with a serious projectile effects issue, and really need some guidance. So right now I'm pretty stuck. If you can help, let me know.

Edited by Deadspine

• 4 weeks later...
Alright guys, a video preview of the level assets will be available sometime tonight, because I'll be getting all the collision information together to see how this works. Textures won't be on yet, but I might as well do SOMETHING other than just sit here not working on it. So stay tuned. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nZ8SWwSoo

Currently, random normals against a base gray color is what I'm using as a temporary texture right now. (To see the actual geometry, and reduce confusion, Ambient Occlusion images are available on the first page of this topic.)

Still no final textures yet. That's the next big step.

Edited by Deadspine

Looks like a good start. Nice and wide hall. Are those black spaces going to be windows?

Yup! Right now it's using a vault hall window, but when this is finished they wont be nearly that transparent. I'm also considering sizing the windows down more from the top.:)

You sir, are awesome!

If the entire setting for your "DLC" will look like that, i might actually spend less time in skyrim, and more in fallout! :D