How do you edit subtitle dialogue?

NCRSoleSurvivor

Hi, I am just wondering how you can edit the dialogue text that appears below a character when they are speaking as you are in a conversation with them.

I'm trying to edit Toshiro Kago's speech text from Japanese to English so it's translated and in order for me to do this I need to know how to edit the text.

If anyone can inform me on how to do this I would really appreciate it.

You are correct, it is confusing and takes some time to really learn. Even after you learn all about the GECK it is still confusing...when it's not being infuriating. :) I can't believe nobody has ever done the translation. I could tell you exactly how to do it and trust me you'll still be confused and probably become very angry. Can you tell much I love the GECK? :) Seriously though. If you just want the translation done you can PM me the translations and I can put it in easy enough for you. If you want to learn the GECK then that is going to take some time and effort.

You are correct, it is confusing and takes some time to really learn. Even after you learn all about the GECK it is still confusing...when it's not being infuriating. :smile: I can't believe nobody has ever done the translation. I could tell you exactly how to do it and trust me you'll still be confused and probably become very angry. Can you tell much I love the GECK? :smile: Seriously though. If you just want the translation done you can PM me the translations and I can put it in easy enough for you. If you want to learn the GECK then that is going to take some time and effort.

Meh. Can't I just use FO3Edit?

You are correct, it is confusing and takes some time to really learn. Even after you learn all about the GECK it is still confusing...when it's not being infuriating. :smile: I can't believe nobody has ever done the translation. I could tell you exactly how to do it and trust me you'll still be confused and probably become very angry. Can you tell much I love the GECK? :smile: Seriously though. If you just want the translation done you can PM me the translations and I can put it in easy enough for you. If you want to learn the GECK then that is going to take some time and effort.

Meh. Can't I just use FO3Edit?
I don't think xedit let's you edit dialogue. Furthermore, I don't think you could do so without directly editing your zeta.esm which probably wouldn't be the best idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man,

Just seen your topic.. don't know if your still working on this project but if you are,

May i suggest..

1. Load up the .esm file you would like to modify into the GECK

2. Before making ANY changes, press the save button in the GECK

3. Name your new save file in accordance to the .esm file (Master file), Eg. ZetaPlugIn.esp

4. Exit the GECK

5. Load your new save file (ZetaPlugIn.esp) in to the GECK and select "Set as Active File"

6. Make your desired changes

7. Don't forget to load your new save file (ZetaPlugIn.esp) into the game.. to do this Open "Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM)" and make sure the check-box is checked next to your new save file (ZetaPlugIn.esp)

When you save a ESM (Master File) with the GECK it will save it as a ESP (Plug-in File)

initially this file will be empty but the GECK will flag the ESP file with a Master (In this case the master file will be Zeta.esm)

Any changes you make in the ESP file will override the values in the master file.. So you should never have to directly modify a master file.

FO3Edit is a great tool and it allows you to View, Modify and Compare a Plug-In file with a Master file ... Very useful,

However most modding is done in the GECK.