OBMM doesn't seem to be detecting OBSE

Specifically, I'm trying to install Put it in its Place - Enhanced Grabbing 0.5 into OBMM. I can create the .omod file, but when I try to activate it I get the warning "This mod requires Oblivion Script Extender v0018 or highter to work."

I've already installed the latest version of OBSE. As in, I've put the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll into my Oblivion directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit.

Two things:

(1) Move your Obblivion install out of the Program Files (x86) directory - we normally recommend something like C:\Games\Oblivion. That stops the UAC blocking attempts to install mods, as Windows thinks it's a malware attack. The procedure is here - have a good read before starting to do it.

(2) According to one page, the function at the start of the script file in the OMOD checks the version of OBSE_Loader.exe, so despite it being a Steam install you CAN try copying the exe file into the Oblivion install directory, to see if that fixes the problem. If you check the script in the OMOD, there's usually a point right at the beginning where it checks the OBSE version. The section can be deleted IF you are certain you have OBSE working, then the OMOD will install happily. Also check you have the latest OBMM version, as they may have fixed that in the latest version (I don't use Steam so I can't tell for sure).

• 1 year later...